Need your input on getting a tenant/buyer... - Posted by Levi

Posted by Levi on August 24, 2005 at 11:33:38:

The ad is simple:

Owner will Finance
Renovated 3BR
$2,625 down, $875/mo
555-5555

I’m pretty sure its not overpriced. The house shows beautifully. I’m in Des Moines, the market isn’t coastal, but I think it’s healthy enough.

Need your input on getting a tenant/buyer… - Posted by Levi

Posted by Levi on August 24, 2005 at 10:08:31:

How long does it typically take you to get a house filled with a tenant/buyer? How do you market it? What kind of sales flyers do you give to potential buyers? I have been advertising mine in the paper for about 1.5 weeks, have showed it to about 10 families, and haven’t received any applications back. Is this typical? I’m not sure what is turning people off.

Re: Need your input on getting a tenant/buyer… - Posted by Rob

Posted by Rob on August 24, 2005 at 13:10:30:

Its only been 1.5 weeks. Give it a little time. Sometimes it takes longer than that to just rent out a nice house. For a good tenant/buyer to come along could take up to 3 months, which of course is better than the average 6 months for a straight out sell. Check out the archives on this board and you’ll find posts about how long it takes to find a good tenant/buyer.

Re: Need your input on getting a tenant/buyer… - Posted by Matt Maluchnik

Posted by Matt Maluchnik on August 24, 2005 at 11:25:30:

Just curious what does your advertisement say? Also, are you asking for ungoldy ammounts of money down? Do you think it might be a bit overpriced? Is your market slow?