Need very practical help! - Posted by Doug Pretorius

Posted by Doug Pretorius on May 20, 2000 at 08:34:22:

Thanks. Unfortunately it appears my nail isn’t good enough. I did however finally wedge it open with a knife. I sure hope it gets a little easier as it wears in :slight_smile:

Need very practical help! - Posted by Doug Pretorius

Posted by Doug Pretorius on May 19, 2000 at 11:43:16:

My HP19BII just arrived (yea!) however I’m having a somwhat odd problem… I can’t get it open!

Between the middle and the bottom it is loose, and at the top corner it’s loose, but between the batter door and the middle it seems to be stuck.

I’m just wondering how hard I should try to pull it, I’m afraid it’s going to break! Or is there something else I need to do or can try?

Grrr! Thanks

Re: Need very practical help! - Posted by Mike Reilly

Posted by Mike Reilly on June 03, 2000 at 16:19:46:

Got mine last week and it acts the same. I insert nickel, or another coin, turn, and it pops open.
I don’t really mind that, it’s the low contrast I find difficult. “On”/“Plus” just darkens the screen. It doesn’t really increase contrast.

(By the way, uneven cash flows look to be difficult on it. I wonder if a portable computer with a mortgage / note program would be better.)

Re: Need very practical help! - Posted by Carol

Posted by Carol on May 20, 2000 at 06:57:05:

It’s pretty tightly closed, but I insert my thumbnail on the right side and pop mine open. Give it a try!
Carol