Need Offer Help - Posted by CKincaid

Posted by CKincaid on September 06, 2003 at 20:12:28:

Would if that was an option but we rent the house we are in now. I had throught my best and safest option was real estate lawyer, sell has one already with docs. May just opt to go that route, the sellers have been bare honest about the house and asking a very fair price 20K under market value for the area perhaps more because they really want to move out of state before the snow flies again. Thanks for your advice I’ll call a lawyer first thing Monday!

Need Offer Help - Posted by CKincaid

Posted by CKincaid on September 06, 2003 at 19:22:15:

Found a house I want to buy but am lost in making an offer, i.e. Forms etc. When last house hunting I went through a Realtor and they handled all that. So now I’m buying my first property w/o realtor and will be using this property for furture investing while we live there for at least 2 yrs. ANy ideas or reasources where I might find simple/standard offer forms? I’m going to keep looking and will repost if I find them before anyone on here can help me. Many thanks to one and all this forum is fabulous in information and support in investing!!

Re: Need Offer Help - Posted by Randy

Posted by Randy on September 07, 2003 at 09:16:47:

Do a search using www.google.com or www.ask.com for your state?s Real Estate Commission website. (Connecticut Real Estate Commission) I know Colorado, Texas, Illinois and South Dakota all have state approved forms for free on their web sites.

Here is a link for a very good source of all kinds of RE forms valid in all states Real Estate Purchase Contact - Legal Form

Re: Need Offer Help - Posted by Carrie

Posted by Carrie on September 06, 2003 at 21:51:41:

Call a realtor and ask them to fax or mail you a blank standard contract for your state. If you plan to assign you will need to cross out and initial that clause. If the broker has a letterhead just cover that and make copies on a copy machine.
Happy Investing ~
Carrie

Re: Need Offer Help - Posted by Jerry Martin NC

Posted by Jerry Martin NC on September 06, 2003 at 19:47:37:

Contact the attorney who did your closing and ask him/her if a standard contract is available. Be sure to let him/her know you will be using them to close this one too.