Need mortgage lender in Maui - Posted by pjpMN

Posted by Stan on June 15, 2004 at 10:19:12:

Kihei really is booming. I was there back in 97. Then is was just the town you went through on your way to Waileah (sp). We were there last week it looked completely different. We stayed at the Kaomaole(sp) Sands (which is two complexes down from the Maui Banyan where we stayed in '97). They just need to get another route to Lahaina. There was a wreck on the one road and we were stuck in Lahaina for 7 hours. The only other route was the road that went past Kaanapali and through the West Maui Mountains over toward Kaaluhi(sp). We decided to ty it for the first time but found very quickly that it was the equivalent to the Road to Hana (for those that havent been there, that road is about 45 miles long and take about 3 hours to travel it with the sharp turns, one-lane sections, and deep drop offs) but along northern coast.

Need mortgage lender in Maui - Posted by pjpMN

Posted by pjpMN on June 14, 2004 at 10:12:40:

Hello -

I own 2 properties in Maui and am looking to obtain HELOC from one or both. I can’t, for the life of me, get anyone in Maui to return calls to get this started. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any and all.

Re: Need mortgage lender in Maui - Posted by Stan

Posted by Stan on June 14, 2004 at 13:59:09:

Unfortunately, I cant help, but curious where your properties are in Maui? I just spent last week in Maui. It was great.

Re: Need mortgage lender in Maui - Posted by pjpMN

Posted by pjpMN on June 15, 2004 at 08:46:13:

Both in Kihei. Amazing real estate appreciation there. We signed a PA in March 03 and closed in June on one property (condo)- paid 133K. Now an identical property on the opposite end of the bldg (same floor, floor plan, decor, etc.) is on the mkt for 249K with a pending offer at full price. We have a long term renter that pays all PITI. And the market there does not seem to be slowing down at all!