need inspiration - any success in Mass? - Posted by Lisa A.

Posted by Bill K. - FL on January 18, 2000 at 20:28:01:

Well I think this is the situation in many areas now because of the long run of low interest rates we’ve had. As well as the run up in the stock market. And also the proliferation of BCD lending. My advice is don’t follow the crowd. Try doing those things others aren’t doing. Specialize in harder to sell properties. (condos maybe) Or properties with little competition like mobile homes. (are there any in Mass?)I’m sure anyone on this site that has been investing for the last ten years or so will tell you it’s gotten harder and harder to find the deals. The CS and Legrands and others have educated alot people about investing. That coupled with job layoffs and a lack of good paying jobs has created alot of investors or investor wannabes. I’m not saying this is good or bad, just reality. You have to love this business to succeed in it. Despite what others may say it is not easy. This ain’t like punching a time clock.If you think this is what you want to do for a career, then make sure you educate yourself about the different ways to invest and try some of those ways to determine what works in your area and what works for you. You’ll get some good advice on this site but also read as much as you can about investing. The more you know, the more you will make. Good Luck.

need inspiration - any success in Mass? - Posted by Lisa A.

Posted by Lisa A. on January 18, 2000 at 15:56:28:

Just getting started in RE and I’m doing my first direct postcard mailing in the Boston area this month. Most of the deals I’ve been reading about are in other parts of the country where the market is different, the ads in the paper are different, it’s not a sellers market, blah blah blah. I’m excited about giving it a try, but don’t want to be throwing my money away either! Any one out there who is having success in Mass with flips or lease options? Would love to hear some news about successful recent deals…

Re: need inspiration - it’s the ultimate seller’s market - Posted by lisaa

Posted by lisaa on January 18, 2000 at 16:55:09:

Typo in my last post:

I said it isn’t a seller’s market, but I meant to say it is a seller’s market – the ultimate seller’s market-- multiple bids on many properties in days…if anyone has any recent experience in creative real estate investment in Massachusetts, I would love to hear from you!

Re: Be glad you’re not in a sellers market. - Posted by Bill K. - FL

Posted by Bill K. - FL on January 18, 2000 at 16:39:31:

That’s when creativity pays off.