need a friend in Ohio - Posted by Harley Bradley

Posted by Ben (OH) on April 04, 2001 at 06:20:52:

I am in this market. Bought Lonnies Deals on Wheels. haven’t done a deal yet. Looking though. E me and I will give you my info.

Ben
Freedom Home & Land

need a friend in Ohio - Posted by Harley Bradley

Posted by Harley Bradley on March 31, 2001 at 05:35:47:

Is any out there from Cleveland Ohio or nearby Ohio? My wife and I are new at this. We have bought and immediately sold two homes. Discovered Real Estate Lawyers are little help. Want to be sure all ducks are in a row before transferring title etc. Hoping there is someone who is seasoned and can tell of any pitfalls we should watch for or try to avoid. And it would be good to have a friend to discuss local deals.

Re: need a friend in Ohio - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on March 31, 2001 at 08:00:10:

Harley,

Unfortunately, (or fortunately, depends how you look at it) I think you’re the only guy in the Cleveland area doing Lonnie Deals. If there are any other mobile home investors in your area, none of the Ohio folks in our little network know about them.

I have an old friend who lives in Cleveland on the Eastside. I’m about to send him a copy of Deals on Wheels (not the one Lonnie autographed, of course), in hopes that this business might interest him. So your job is to get cracking doing these deals, so that down the road my friend will have you as a mentor in Cleveland. So what help do you need, brother?

I’ll get in touch with you privately over email.

Karl Kleiner

P.S. Hey Potsie, see how this works?

Re: need a friend in Ohio - Posted by Harley Bradley

Posted by Harley Bradley on March 31, 2001 at 11:18:26:

Actually we have to travel a minimum of 30 miles out of town to get to the first park that will deal with us. All the parks close in have managers that will not allow buyers who do not live in the homes. These same managers make it very hard for owners to sell their homes on their own. One in particular charges double her $200 application fee for buyers buying homes from other than the park. Another plainly told me they don’t want the homes to sell. Eventually they will either be moved or the park will get the title in lieu of rent. I wish your friend luck.