NADA Manufactured Housing Guide - Posted by DataMinor2

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA on April 13, 2002 at 20:15:04:

NADA Manufactured Housing Guide - Posted by DataMinor2

Posted by DataMinor2 on April 13, 2002 at 19:30:32:

OK I can take it, I just spent 3 hours figuring out how to use this book. I go online and find out the asking price for most of the Dealer ad’s in my area are less than NADA. I know, Lonnie says "don’t bother with NADA but some of us “nuBEE’s” have to flex. Anyway, question is, does NADA have any relevance to Mobile deals or notes or what ??

Buying, no. Selling, YES. - Posted by Jerry Freeman

Posted by Jerry Freeman on April 13, 2002 at 19:45:29:

When you’re selling a MH, if you have the CD that goes with the book (much easier to use, and it has more models listed for each mfgr) you can print out a very impressive NADA book value sheet for the MH you’re selling. You can show that to your prospect so s/he understands that you are selling the home for less than book value. You can also place one on the countertop of each home you’re showing, for visitors to see. Thanks to Chuck-NY for this idea. Around here, a lot of homes are advertised for right around book value. If the selling prices in your area tend to run somewhat below book value, the book can still be a big help because you can look up the book value and then adjust it for the prices in your area to get an idea of what a particular home might sell for, also taking into account local preferences as to size, number of bedrooms, age etc. In some places, two bedroom homes are easy to sell, while in other places, they’re hard to sell and should be avoided, etc.

Best wishes,
Jerry