My Pet Peeves -- Bad Grammar, No Punctuation!!!! - Posted by Elizabeth NJ

Posted by Elizabeth NJ on May 03, 2006 at 13:04:44:

I took a break and was browsing the new postings and immediately came across 3 postings with run-on sentences, no punctuation at all, lower case “i” for ?I?, and the kind of improper sentence structuring and slang used in IM’s. I didn?t even finish reading those postings because of the way they were presented.

I know that this is not the world’s biggest problem, and correcting it is not going to significantly change the world, but I believe it?s important for all of us to put our best foot forward.

Actually, it seems to me that if one is too lazy to properly structure a question/comment with the goal of receiving positive responses, that kind of laziness may also track to that person’s business and personal life.

So, can we all please:

Use proper grammar. If you?re unsure of the spelling of a word, look it up.

Know where the sentence ends and put a period there.

Don’t use lower case letters instead of properly capitalizing a word or letter, because it’s not cute.

Don’t use ALL CAPS in a posting or response because it’s shouting and difficult to read.

With all the technology virtually at our fingertips, there?s no excuse for the kind of postings I saw today.

(More advice from the ?mother to the world? ? stand up straight, shoulders back, LOL)

Have a great day everyone.

Elizabeth