Muay Thai Practice - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on March 19, 2002 at 14:27:45:

You can have Dave after he gets tanked…my low level of fitness (hey, it’s tax season) means I’ll be drinking after one round. Think we can get JP to sponsor an “Octagon”? Think John T Reed & Russ Whitney would show for a Celebrety Deathmatch?

John Hyre

Muay Thai Practice - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on March 19, 2002 at 12:35:57:

I’ll be in Atlanta from Wednesday afternoon through Monday morning and need to get some exercise. I’ll be bringing pads & gloves for Muay Thai/kickboxing workout. Any kickboxers/boxers/karate/taekwondo types interested in some pad work? Only requirement: You do NOT get to laugh at my technique or lack thereof!

John Hyre

Re: Muay Thai Practice - Posted by eric-fl

Posted by eric-fl on March 21, 2002 at 08:50:10:

I actually do have some Muay Thai experience, too bad I will not be there, I would have gladly taken you up on it. In lieu of a partner, here’s something fun to try (yes, I have done this): Be sure to take your wraps and “bag gloves” (you know, the little 4 ouncers), go to one of them yuppie gyms that has a heavy bag hanging up, and pay for a single workout or week’s membership, or whatever. As a “warm up”, go work the heavy bag - Muay Thai style. As you’ll know from your own practice, even just regular strikes will get the bag moving around pretty good, but then when you throw elbows, knees, maybe even a good round kick into the mix, people will look at you like you are NUTS - hilarious. And good practice, too - a true heavy bag gives great “feedback” on your technique, and gives you a pretty good idea of what Muay Thai techniques would do in a more practical situation.

Re: Muay Thai Practice - Posted by Lazaro

Posted by Lazaro on March 19, 2002 at 19:57:52:

That sounds COOL! I have never done that but would sure like to. See you in Atlanta!
Cordially,
Lazaro

Oh Yeh I Do That Too nt. - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on March 19, 2002 at 13:48:16:

nt.

Hmmm, I smell money… - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on March 19, 2002 at 12:39:35:

JH,
Can I arrange a charity “grudge match” between you and Alexander? Tickets will be reasonable and we’ll find a worthy recipient for the funds, although if Dave needs several rounds of tequila shots as his warm-up, I’m not sure how much we’ll have left…

Re: Muay Thai Practice - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on March 20, 2002 at 03:09:40:

Just follow the guys with the gloves and the pads. I’ve been doing it for about a year, once or twice a week…get’s lots of aggression out, and I lost 15 pounds. Probably lose a few teeth this weekend, LOL.

John Hyre

I knew I recognized that physique… - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on March 19, 2002 at 14:50:57:

PF,
You’re the one rolling in the water on the beach, right? You know, on the 7-up men’s calendar commercial? With all the make-up, I didn’t recognize your face. Now that I know your fitness secret, perhaps I should begin working on my portfolio. Can you introduce me to your agent? Dang, I really like that commercial…

Good! - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on March 19, 2002 at 14:18:37:

You are my secret weapon…if Dave starts getting too rough, jump him!

Hyre

I’m in… - Posted by David Alexnader

Posted by David Alexnader on March 19, 2002 at 13:22:49:

My pads are packed…

You don’t bruise easily do ya… :wink:

And blood makes the grass grow, and all that good stuff…

See ya there…

David Alexander

Re: Hmmm, I smell money… - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on March 19, 2002 at 12:44:16:

No biting, gouges, litigation or audits allowed. I prefer to fight Alexander BEFORE he drinks, he’s way too scary after a few shots. Plus, hitting people who do not feel the blow is very frustrating. Are you willing to play Don King?

LOL,

John Hyre

Re: I’m in… - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on March 19, 2002 at 14:17:20:

Just remember, pads goooood, tequila baaaaaad…at least until we are done, then tequila goooooood. Oh yeah- “You gonna hurt, fool”, etc, etc, etc.

LOL,

Hyre

Re: Get ready… - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on March 19, 2002 at 13:25:32:

…Vanilla Ice is waiting in the wings for the victor.

You know it’s easier… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on March 19, 2002 at 15:26:13:

to fight folks in multiples…

So bring your friends and your Daddies too… :wink:

Now just in case my mouth is overloading the rest of me… we have to drink the “Te Keel Ya” first so I have an excuse…

David Alexander