Mr Garcia - Posted by Steve (Atl)

Posted by kelly/az on June 26, 2003 at 12:07:43:

While I can sort of see your perspective, I would have to disagree as to the value of this workshop. For the last two days I have been sitting here working on my business plan using the materials in the book and feel that I know exactly what I want to accomplish. I believe that the purpose of the workshop was to encourage the investors to use their imagination by a shotgun approach to the possibilities. The work for me began yesterday. The workshop got me extremely focused, unlike I have ever been in my life. I know that as soon as I get my draft plan done I will have the support of Terry and Ed to make it successful. That is what I paid for. Also, I have used the 18 questions all day as I look at deals, one of them over 1milion dollars.

I don’t think there is a real boiler plate business plan, that room was full of people from all areas of the country and all experience levels and focus. Like I said for those at the workshop the real work began when they got home.

I hope you can get the value from this opportunity.

sincerely
Kelly/az

Mr Garcia - Posted by Steve (Atl)

Posted by Steve (Atl) on June 25, 2003 at 15:27:14:

I have been gone for a couple of weeks. I have noticed that Ed has not posted recently. He is still around, isn’t he?

Re: Mr Garcia - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on June 25, 2003 at 17:19:23:

Steve,

Thanks for showing a concern. I guess you’re the only one who missed me. I was in Atlanta Steve, with Terry Vaughan and a about 112 RE Investors counting our alumni, and boy what a time.

I’m back now and the only thing I have on the board for now is a trip with Terry Vaughan to Las Vegas to look at a few deals.

Thank you for showing a concern and things should get back to normal.

Ed Garcia

Completely forgot… - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on June 26, 2003 at 10:54:46:

And in my own backyard too. However, was out of town for a few weeks, so I have been out of the loop myself. Welcome back and hope that everyone had a great time.

The Workshop was Awsome :slight_smile: - Posted by Russ L

Posted by Russ L on June 25, 2003 at 23:01:18:

Ed,
The work shop was awsome :slight_smile:
Thanks to you and Terry, you both were great.

Blessings,
Russ L

Re: Thank you Russ… - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on June 28, 2003 at 02:55:29:

Russ,

I appriciate your comments. I don’t have to tell you that Saturday went to 3:15 am Sunday morning and then I had to open up. You guys worked me and Terry.

Looking forward to working with you as well.

Ed Garcia

Re: The Workshop was Awsome :slight_smile: - Posted by Someone

Posted by Someone on June 26, 2003 at 08:44:02:

The following is my only my opinion.

Russ, I must say that I cannot share your opinion of the workshop. I was very disappointed that although this was supposed to be a workshop about how to put together a proposal to obtain a line of credit from a lender, very little of that topic was actually covered.

I found that the presentation was unfocused, with too many side tracks and comments/stories that were not useful in helping me understand what I should be looking for in putting a proposal together. I don’t recall us spending any time taking an in depth look at the structure of the required business plan, nor what we should be asking for as part of the WLOC, except the short part of the presentation put on by the two alumni students.

The course manual had very little content, and what little there was, a lot of it we did not even go over. The most valuable part of the whole workshop, in respect to getting a WLOC, was the 1 hour spent by Charles and Brandon (alumni students) showing us what they have been able to achieve and how they structured their business plan for presentation to the lenders. I wholeheartedly thank them for sharing so freely. The information they presented was the type of information I was hoping to get from Terry and Ed. That’s why we paid the big bucks.

Now maybe the value of the workshop could very well be in the 6 months mentoring with Ed and Terry, I certainly hope so, but I feel that we should have been given more directly related material in the three days we spent in Atlanta.

Now I am not saying that all of the other unrelated material such as info on notes, commercial properties, deal analysis, the good old stories, etc, was not valuable. However that was not what I was there for.

Re: One more thing… - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on June 28, 2003 at 11:38:15:

One more thing,

You mention, ?Now I am not saying that all of the other unrelated material such as info on notes, commercial properties, deal analysis, the good old stories, etc, was not valuable. However that was not what I was there for?.

Someone, this workshop is designed to take RE Investors to their next level giving them the ability to do more deals and grow. As you know right from the beginning I emphasize, getting you out of your comfort zone, and thinking bigger, by introducing you to commercial. WLOC?s are only one way to grow and not all of the investors can obtain one from the beginning. So you see, I don?t feel that the other materials are unrelated, ?Notes? this my partner Terry Vaughan teaches, gave the ability for one investor to do a deal that they would have not normally have done, if we didn?t teach this technique as an additional way to finance a deal. That investor made a million dollars in doing so and I?m sure they would be glad to disagree with you.

I also emphasize ?deal structuring? and that?s why we stayed up to 3:15 a.m. which was too long and we?ll never do that again, going over deals that the investors were currently working at the time of attending the workshop. Not only does it give them the opportunity to discuss their deal and get different opinions showing them that there is more then one way to do a deal. It gives everyone in the audience the opportunity as well.

Someone, as you know at the end of the workshop we distribute a questionnaire to get the attendees opinion of the workshop so that we can constantly improve the workshop. We want your opinion and if it doesn?t agree with what we are trying to do we are not offended, we will strive to continually improve the workshop. I just wish you wouldn?t have given your opinion anonymously.

Someone, the three days are designed to get you out of your comfort zone, to think bigger, and teach you how to think outside of your own self constructed box, that has restricted and limited you. It is to free you and create a mind set for the 6 months of mentoring. The ball is in your court; you will get out of the mentoring, what you put into it. When you need me, I?ll be there for you.

Enough said, lets go to work?..

Ed Garcia

Re: The Workshop was Awsome :slight_smile: - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on June 28, 2003 at 03:46:18:

Someone,

I can?t tell you how disappointed I am that you didn?t have to balls to give your name.

I could respect your opinion if you would have given it as yours and not anonymous.

This workshop like ?financing?, is not a one size fits all. Like any other workshop the information has to be hypothetical in order to give examples for teaching. The whole purpose for 6 months of mentoring is to give you the one-on-one, dealing with your information and circumstances making the teaching applicable to the individual.

I can tell by your attitude that if I would have conducted the portion of the workshop that I allowed Charles Fuller and Brannon Fain to explain. Your attitude or comments would have been, ya, I know that Ed and Terry can close the banks, but can we as investors who are not experienced or trained to work a bank do it? Charles who has attended the last workshop as well as Brannon went into living color as to what they went through to acquire their 1000,000.00-dollar WLOC. Charles even showed a enlarged copy of his existing credit line with terms and conditions which I have never had the luxury to have any student who would take the time to share with others, to be that helpful or articulate how they accomplished what they did, in explaining as one who came from amongst you, meaning a fellow student.

I feel that the lesson is that much more valuable and believable when you see that a fellow student accomplished the goals that you?re seeking to accomplish.

I?m sorry that we did not tailor our workshop to exactly what you felt that you needed but I explained several times that no matter how we make our presentation; there are always those who wanted a little more information on the subject matter that is important to them. That?s fine; we?ll do that when we do the one-on-one.

Just hang in there Someone, because the three days are only the beginning and we have 6 months to go.

Fill out the 1003 application along with your property schedule and either submit it with your credit report, or I?ll run one and we can get things started.

If I find out who you are it will make no difference I still will give you a 100%, but I can?t do it by myself. I need you to take the next step and get things going.

I need your help and participation to give you what you need and make you happy.

Ed Garcia