Mr. Garcia - cheaper workshops? - Posted by Jason

Posted by Linda - CA on June 14, 2006 at 13:49:19:

I’ve been to the workshop and have had the pleasure to go twice more as an alumni in the past 5 years. Also had the pleasure of meeting some of the folks who post here. Well worth the money and the mentoring. I love the fact the Ed doesn’t mince words and just hits ya between the eyes by playing devil’s advocate. Makes you plug up all the holes before committing to a deal.

Mr. Garcia - cheaper workshops? - Posted by Jason

Posted by Jason on June 07, 2006 at 15:56:36:

I have done 2 deals so far and made decent profit on each. They were preforeclosures and very nice deals. I know a lot about real estate financing and other numbers.
Now I need a working line of credit but I need some help on this.
I know Mr. Garcia is having a workshop and I heard a lot of praise about it. But it is too expensive for me. Are there any books I can prepare myself about business credit lines or any cheaper workshops.

Re: Mr. Garcia - cheaper workshops? - Posted by John Corey

Posted by John Corey on June 08, 2006 at 12:25:34:

Jason,

1. You need to do more deals and save some of the profit to recycle into your education. Over time you will get there. Note that most people attending have done a lot more than 2 deals before they are allowed in so they likely have built up more capital than you have so far.

2. The Lenders Workshop is more than a 3 day event. You are buying 6 months of 1-on-1 coaching from Ed and Terry. A cheaper program would not have Ed and Terry taking your phone calls.

3. I was surprised that the program is so inexpensive. 6 months of mentoring plus 3 days of workshops normally cost a lot more (even in other sectors outside of the RE marketplace).

4. As an alumni you get to attend again as often as you like for no charge other than travel and hotel.

Conclusion. It might be too expensive for you at this time. It is not going away I am told. You can sign up later when you have the funds. The price is a bargain in my opinion. It has been suggested that comparable programs would retail for $10K.

John Corey

Re: Mr. Garcia - cheaper workshops? - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on June 08, 2006 at 09:14:06:

Jason,

I?m sorry to say that you?re right my workshop is expensive and not for everybody.

I?m not going to give you that old cliché, ?you get what you pay for?, because that may or may not be applicable depending on the student. We?ve tried to price our workshop to be competitive price wise in the industry. At the same token I personally mentor the investors for 6 months.

From what I?ve heard about other seminars that teach financing, is they don?t really teach you financing at all, but just bring you in to set you up to do your financing and hopefully joint venture with you or teach you how to get hard money lenders.

Jason, If you go to Ron Lagrand, Russ Whitney, or Robert Kiyosaki, they would hire a mentor with 5 years experience or there about. That works fine for newbie?s but most of my students would know more then their mentors.

My answer is financing is not a one size fits all. Every investor has different financial circumstances. When you attend most seminars they teach a method, system, or technique and everybody learns the same. But you can?t do that with financing, because if you did, your teaching would work for some and not for others. Therefore I work with individuals and tailor the teaching to their individual circumstances and needs.

Since all of my students are already doing deals, I know that if I show them how to get the money, they?ll make the cost of the course back in their next deal.

Ed Garcia

Re: Mr. Garcia - cheaper workshops? - Posted by Liliana

Posted by Liliana on June 12, 2006 at 12:32:09:

Just thught I’d throw in my two cents…

I signed up for a coaching program from Rich dad and it was a waste of money and in my opinion, it was not a good program for newbies either. Not sure if this has improved, I did it in 2002. One would think I’d learn my lesson but just last year I signed up for something else and again, waste of money…Thankfully I was able to get a refund for this later one.

I’ve been wanting to go to Ed’s workshop but don’t think I’m qualified for it yet. However, if I would have known the waste of money the other 2 progarms were going to be, I’d spend my money on Ed’s if he would’ve allowed me to attend.

I hope to be able to attend next year eventhough I won’t have more investments than what I have now. I think Ed’s workshop is well worth the money because one of the big benefits here is that he works with you for six months. And after this time, he still oferes advice on this forum which many other investors/teachers/mentors do not.

Liliana