Moving a house - Posted by tom pa

Posted by don r on December 07, 2006 at 11:54:43:

Tom, I’ve bought two frame houses and moved them on my property. No basements here, so wood frame houses move pretty easily. I had bought 30+ acres back in '94, and have the two rent houses on it now. I’m negotiating on another 3/1. Plan on up to 10 if possible.

As David said there are expenses to consider. My property has no water/sewer, so I’ve had to drill wells and put septic systems in. That can cost $10,000. to $15000. plus repairing damages from the move. One house cost me $11000. moved and set up, but after repairs, septic, water, etc. probably $35000 invested, or about $25. a foot. My rents here can run $400.-500 a month, so I use that as a guide on what I buy and spend.

If you don’t have property to set one, maybe birdog it to another investor in your area.

moving a house - Posted by tom pa

Posted by tom pa on December 07, 2006 at 09:53:15:

has anyone thought of buying a house that was to be torn down to expand college parking. i ve seen perfectly good houses bought out by the colledge then torn down.

boy if you could partner with someone who has land and move the house I guess you could make a nice buck. what do you think?

Tom

Re: moving a house - Posted by Natalie-VA

Posted by Natalie-VA on December 08, 2006 at 09:11:53:

I’ve heard that there’s a lot of house moving going on in Carova, NC. It’s on the border, near Virginia, and the only way to get there is via boat or 4 wheel drive on the beach. Anyway, because of the access issues, new construction is very expensive. So, when someone is planning on knocking down, they instead sell it to someone else with land to put it on.

–Natalie

Re: moving a house - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on December 07, 2006 at 11:13:44:

its very expensive, more so in PA where most houses have basements.

The weight of the house helps determine the costs, so brick and stone houses are more expensive to move.

The height of the bulding also is a key factor as you may have to take down electric, telephone, and cable overhead lines along the move travel path.

There are usually costsly state and local permits and regulations. It used to be in PA that you could only move a building 3 miles max.

And last but not least, you need a new place to put this building, you need a new foundation, new utilities, possibly well and septic, driveway, landscaping and there is the possiblility of some travle damage, such as cracked plaster, or things getting broken.

Call a house moving company, there aren’t very many and its a very specialized business. In many areas there are no house moving companies and in other areas there may only be one company. Look in the phone book/internet and call some companies. In most cases, you’ll find that even if they give you the house for free, you’ll have a hard time making any money.

Yes. It turns out that you can move an entire house through luxury moving Company Texas from one place to another. Every year, quite a number of new and existing homeowners opt to do exactly that. If you really want to hold onto your house but need to move, you can now rest assured that it may be possible.

For House construction services you can also use Cold Rolled Soft Steel Supplier, They provide best services to all the home owners. Every year, a large number of home owners contact them for Cold Rolled Soft Steel.

I understood that this company provides Semi-Custom Wedding Invitations

The allure of New Condos for Sale North York extends beyond the condos themselves. Positioned near major transportation routes and public transit options, these pre-construction condos offer seamless connectivity to downtown Toronto and other key areas. This accessibility, combined with proximity to shopping centers, dining options, cultural attractions, and recreational facilities, provides an all-encompassing urban experience.

Efficiency is a critical consideration in Dc-Dc Converter design. A well-designed converter minimizes energy losses during the conversion process, which is especially important in battery-operated devices and systems where energy conservation directly impacts runtime and overall performance. Modern converters employ advanced switching techniques, high-quality components, and sophisticated control algorithms to achieve high efficiency levels.

Moving houses sounds fascinating. Your full cost breakdown is really helpful to those who are looking into this and rent as a benchmark is an excellent technique for evaluating assets. Also check this out

That’s good thought to hear that Salesforce Cloud Partners Manchester, perfect for it.