mortgages - Posted by House hunter

Posted by Chris on February 22, 2000 at 19:17:11:

Contact a good mortgage broker in your town. They can help with this. If the first few that you call are not too helpful, keep checking. Just like anything else,some are great,others are a waste of time.

There are also other alternatives such as seller financing or lease/options. Read the articles at this site for ideas.

• Good Luck, Chris

mortgages - Posted by House hunter

Posted by House hunter on February 22, 2000 at 19:08:13:

Hi all, just found this board. My husband and I are trying to buy our first home. We would like to go through FHA if possible. WE have some money saved for maybe a %3 down payment. We are looking in the 70’s right now. Our credit is ok, we have a blemish or 2 but nothing bad. My problem seems to be that my husband just changed jobs back in Nov99. He switched his field of work. He makes pretty good money with his overtime. But evertime I talk to anyone they tell me we can’t use his overtime b/c it hasn’t been consistant. Is there anyway around this, b/c with out his overtime we won’t qualify for a mortgage of any good amount on his base salary. Is there anything we can do??? Thanks