MOM - Posted by Beck

Posted by Mike Scarbrough on September 23, 2009 at 21:21:28:

The MOM in Ft. Wayne was great! Thanks to John Hyre for putting it on. I learned a lot from everyone there. What an awesome group! I look forward to seeing everyone again in the future. ?Mike Scarbrough

MOM - Posted by Beck

Posted by Beck on September 21, 2009 at 07:12:05:

I just typed this sentence : “I can’t express how great John Hyre’s MOM was.”

But I realized how that came out and decided against starting this post that way.

Seriously though, John you put on a truly wonderful event. It’s an unbelievably inspiring thing to meet with and talk to the guys and girls in the trenches and doing what I do everyday. I learned a tremendous amount, but more importantly, I was able to talk with people who understand what it is I do! You have no idea how awesome that truly is! I thank you sir, eternally, and shall be at all future events.

What’s funny is that each time I go to a meeting, or some type of get together with the mobile home community, I usually come home and fire someone… I am not going to do that this time, but I will be able to stay on top of my guys a little better, and make sure they are doing what they need to do. Especially my remodeling rehabber, thanks to Mike!

To get into a room with that much intelligence and experience and hammer things out with them for three days is truly an experience that everyone should fight to get to. Thanks to everyone who attended. It was truly inspring!

Re: MOM - Posted by John Hyre

Posted by John Hyre on September 23, 2009 at 11:25:01:

Everyone,

A three-day weekend at the MOM got me behind at the office, so I’m just getting around to posting now. I wanted to thank everyone who came. The group was excellent. The roundtable discussions that followed each topic were excellent, with lots of noodling and contributions by all. Special thanks to Erin Dyer, Ken Rishel, Mike Scarbrough, Shawn Sisco & Brian Walkerly for doing a great job at leading their respective discussions. Thanks also to Jefferson Lilly for leading the tour of the MH/RV Hall of Fame. And of course, thanks to Randy Conway who put up with me more than usual, that’s saying quite a lot!

Great event, I’m still turning a number of things over in my head. Thanks again to all the great participants who helped make it happen!

Thumbs Up to John Hyre’s MH MOM event - Posted by Scott Stuart

Posted by Scott Stuart on September 23, 2009 at 10:33:45:

Hats off to John for organizing & hosting a terrific event. I am a full
time RE Investor with most of my portfolio in SFH’s and duplexes. I
hold several notes for MH’s in a single park and consider myself a
relative newbie in this arena. As a notes guy, I realized just how
‘insulated’ I am from the real operations of a MH park. This event was
truly eye opening! It took us on walk-thru’s of two recently acquired
parks which revealed all the good, bad and the ugly. This was worth
the admission alone!

Throughout the 2 day seminar I had many “Ah Ha” moments.

There were a few guest speakers - all of whom were credible, real
world, doing-it, in-the-trenches types. Very useful!!

Earlier this year I attended another 2-day event hosted by John (Tax
strategies & Asset Planning). This was also highly useful knowledge for
anyone in this business.

I highly recommend any presentation delivered by John.

Re: MOM - Posted by Dave (WI)

Posted by Dave (WI) on September 21, 2009 at 22:51:39:

I will agree that this was a very intersting and motivating event. I liked the Midwest flavor to it and was intrigued by some of the methods that people are using to finance their deals and parks. More to think about and act on so we can keep moving forward. Good luck to everyone and I look forward to hearing some results.
Dave

Re: MOM - Posted by Lucy

Posted by Lucy on September 21, 2009 at 10:09:21:

I went to the MOM event and was blown away by the information and the presenters. Kudos to John Hyre for organizing such a well thought out event. I couldn’t believe that it was only $99. I am so accustomed to going to 2 day events that are upsell after upsell - this was very refreshing.

Thoughts on the event…I learned of a whole new business, Captive Financing from Ken Rishel from Precision Capital Funding.l. I’ve been a mortgage broker since 1996 and his information was spot on. I had no idea that I could create this type of income stream and look forward to his event in Davenport, Iowa in October.

John Hyre took us to two of his parks in northern Indiana. He candidly shared the good, bad and ugly. I appreciate being able to learn from his mistakes and conversely from his successes. That’ll save me a ton of money in the future.

For me, the most interesting part was networking with the other attendees. I have never been to an event where everyone, literally everyone, was actually doing deals and investing. So many events are just for newbies waiting to be fleeced. This was NOT that kind of thing. Just about anyone in the room could have led the seminar. They were all that good!

Shout out to Mike Scarbrough and his DVD set on How to Rehab Mobile Homes. I would live to offer it on my website, but creonline has an exclusive on it. Go get it. Excellent value. If anyone is planning on doing the repairs themselves, or has a contractor that you like but may not have necessarily worked on mobile homes before, get this video set. Insanely cheap for what you get.

I left INSPIRED to get more Lonnie Deals done. I also left with enough knowledge to really analyze a park and a network to sell them to if I don’t want them myself.

Thanks again for putting on such a meaty event.

Re: MOM - Posted by ken R

Posted by ken R on September 21, 2009 at 09:08:12:

Ditto!

Thank YOU John - Posted by Keith (OH)

Posted by Keith (OH) on September 23, 2009 at 12:02:01:

Thanks again John for slamming this event together. I had a blast. Great weekend full of education and entertainment.

Job well done.

Keith

Re: MOM - Posted by Shawn Sisco

Posted by Shawn Sisco on September 21, 2009 at 10:48:16:

The Meeting of the Minds in Ft. Wayne was a great and informative time for me. With 40 in attendance, there was a mixture of some familiar faces, but even more that I had not met at previous MOM events and of these 1st time attendees many were experienced MHP investors who brought a slightly different flavor to the event. There was particularly good and valuable ?back and forth? dialog during every session. I hope we can have another within the next 6 months.
John Hyre was a fun and entertaining host, and would be expected, he provided very savvy tips and advice.

Re: MOM - Posted by Ron S.

Posted by Ron S. on September 21, 2009 at 12:51:58:

I had a great time at this event. I really appreciated everyone’s input and ideas. I took away several tips for my business that I will implement moving forward. The cost of $99 was unbelievable for the amount of information that I absorbed. John Hyre was awesome despite his taste in nukes. :slight_smile: I hope there will be another one next year. Thanks!

Re: MOM - Posted by Brian in Columbus

Posted by Brian in Columbus on September 23, 2009 at 15:43:00:

Hey Everyone,

It was great to meet everyone out in Fort Wayne this weekend! John did a great job with the event and my mind has not stopped racing from all the great ideas and stories that were shared during the event. It is amazing to me the amount of knowledge that was shared unconditionally over the three day period and that’s what makes this business and forum so great.

To continue to pay it forward, I am offering up my MOHO park, 9 hole golf course and self storage facility in lovely Wooster, Ohio to host a MOM sometime in the fall of 2010.

That is of course, if John runs the show…

To your continued success,

Brian