MOM Event in Ft. Wayne, IN - Posted by John Hyre

Posted by John Hyre on August 25, 2009 at 18:19:29:

Jeff,

Thanks for the kind words. I look forward to seeing you there. On Lonnie Deals I think you have surpassed me and look forward to hearing exactly how you did it!

John Hyre

MOM Event in Ft. Wayne, IN - Posted by John Hyre

Posted by John Hyre on August 24, 2009 at 13:54:11:

MOBILE HOME & MOBILE HOME PARK MEETING OF THE MINDS ?MOM? EVENT
An informal learning & networking event for mobile home & mobile home community investors

WHEN:
Friday September 18th: Trip to Elkhart Museum or Unofficial Get-Together in Ft. Wayne
Saturday & Sunday September 19th & 20th: Official Meeting, Mobile Home Park Visit & Networking, Saturday 8:30am to Sunday 5pm

WHERE:
Hilton Garden Inn
8615 US 24 West, Fort Wayne, IN 46804
http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=FWAFEGI
(260) 435-1777
Other nearby hotels listed at the end of this announcement.
We recommend the Hilton, the group rate is $89/night if you mention ?Realestatetaxlaw.com?.

WARNING: the ?marketing? for this event is VERY understated. Fact is, informal & cheap events such as this one tend to be far more informative than big, polished mega-events full of speakers selling high-priced product. We are looking to attract serious people who know a deal when they see one. From the emails I?ve been getting, I expect this to be a small event (20-40 people) with a pretty large proportion of experienced investors. If you prefer large crowds of dreamers waiting to be fleeced, you will need to look elsewhere.

PURPOSE: To give small-medium mobile home & mobile home park investors a chance to learn, teach, discuss and (most of all) network. No frills. We might have water in the meeting room, if we can talk the hotel into providing it for free.

FEE & REGISTRATION: Minimal, $99 per person (no exceptions) for the entire weekend. Lodging, meals, travel, etc. are on your own nickel. Call (614) 419-9007 to register with credit/debit card. Questions should be emailed to natebusch@ameritech.net.

SALES, SALES, SALES: A few of the speakers will have product for sale. Their sales pitch will be limited to: ?We have some product for sale in the back if you are interested, and here is some written propaganda about the materials. Thank you!? In short, this event is about learning & networking, and not about sales pitches for high-priced items.

SCHEDULE:
? RULE ONE: Times are approximate. For example, if we go over on a really hot topic, the subsequent topics will start a bit later. We may have to stay up late to catch up. The nature of the speech or discussion will be fast & loose. With events like this one, the formal speech often evolves into a round table discussion of specific points of interest, with experienced attendees contributing (and learning!) heavily, and the speaker moderating.
? There Are Two Options for Friday, the ?Optional Day?:
? Option One: Visit the RV & Mobile Home Hall of Fame in Elkhart, Indiana (Special thanks to Jefferson Lilly for arranging this outing):

12:00 Noon
Meet at Lucchese’s Italian Restaurant for a wonderful lunch
655 County Road 17, Suite 9
Elkhart, IN
(574) 522-4137

1:30 P.M.
Drive 2 miles north on CR 17, arrive at the RV & MH Hall of Fame
21565 Executive Pkwy
Elkhart, IN
(800) 378-8694

Jefferson has arranged a meeting with the Hall of Fame’s historian, Al Hesselbart. Purportedly he’ll be telling us “stories you wouldn’t believe” about the characters involved in the RV and mobile home business since the 1920’s. Touring the Hall of Fame after the talk will take approximately 90 minutes, so we should be finishing up around 3:30 p.m. Ft. Wayne, IN is 90 miles SW, so we’ll be able to join the others there in time for dinner. You will need your own transportation for this event. PLEASE let Jefferson know if you are planning on attending the luncheon and/or tour so he can be sure to make reservations properly. jdl_mailbox-re@yahoo.com

Friday Option Two: Hang out and shoot the bull with fellow MH/MHC investors in the meeting room from 2pm to about 6pm. Purely informal, sit around & chat. We will figure out where we will be going for dinner around 6pm or so. John Hyre, Mike Scarbrough and several others will be there.

Saturday & Sunday Schedule:
? Saturday 8:30 am to 9:30am: Analysis of numbers on John Hyre/Randy Conway parks. What we have done correctly and what we haven?t. Three parks are involved, two of which we shall visit that morning, 60 lots, acquired about 10 months ago. A-Z from acquisition to operation.

? Saturday 9:30 am to 11:30am: Leave for North Manchester to visit two parks, view rehabbed homes, etc. About a 30 minute drive. NOTE: We need people with cars to volunteer to drive, please let us know when you register whether you will be driving with no passengers, taking others in your vehicle or need a lift. Waivers will be provided for passengers to sign. Stupid but necessary, I know.

? Saturday 11:30am to 12:30pm: Lunch at Dave?s in North Manchester (famous for pork tenderloin sandwiches). This joint is cheap, bring cash because they do not accept plastic. Drive back to Hilton.

? Saturday 12:30pm to 1pm: Phone calls, catnap, whatever.

? Saturday 1pm to 2:30pm: Will spend @ 45 minutes on taxation of & asset protection for MH community owners and Lonnie Dealers, followed by 45 minutes of Q&A. John is a Columbus, Ohio tax attorney who advises real estate investors nationwide and is himself a park owner. In fact, the two parks being visited in North Manchester were recently acquired by John & business partner Randy Conway. Specific topics will include choice of entity, discounting notes for tax purposes and sale of MH?s on note compared to lease option for both tax and asset-protection purposes. NOTE: John will happily answer questions in the group setting free of charge. Any private questions are billable at $250/hour. Those who follow John to the men?s room to ask questions (you?d be amazed how often that actually happens) will be charged $500 per hour.

? Saturday 2:30pm to 3:00pm: Break to network, use the loo, check voicemail, etc.

? Saturday 3:00pm to 4:00pm: Mobile home rehab. Discussion led by Mike Scarbrough, an experienced rehabber out of Columbus, Ohio. Will include video footage on how to winterize mobile homes. Just knowing how to properly winterize a home has been invaluable to me, Mike will discuss this and other MH rehab/repair-related questions, trade tips, etc.

? Saturday 4:00pm to 5:00pm: Evaluate Your Deal. The experts evaluate your deal. Wondering whether to do a deal or whether one you did was hot? Just beware, this crowd can be pretty direct. Please be as detailed as possible, preferably ?do up? the deal in writing and email to John Hyre a few days before the event. We can keep your name anonymous if you?d like.

? Saturday 5:00pm to 7:00pm: Break.

? Saturday 7:00pm to 9:00pm: Dinner across the street at Tavern at Coventry. Given the size of the group, I recommend telling us whether or not you will attend so we can reserve tables. Dinner is on you.

? Sunday 9:00am to 11:30am: Karl Kleiner, an experienced Lonnie Dealer from Cincinnati, Ohio (mobile home dealer) and Brian Walkerly, a Lonnie Dealer and park owner also from Columbus, will spend @ 45 minutes discussing Lonnie Deals, including building relationships with park managers, finding deals, structuring financing, dealing with vacancies, and LOTS of war stories. We have already confirmed that several experienced mobile home/Lonnie dealers will attend, this should be a very lively discussion. BONUS: John Hyre (the Ohio attorney) will provide Word doc copies of his Ohio Note, Purchase & Sale Agreement, Power of Attorney, and Errata Agreement, normally sold for $99 as a package.

? Sunday 11:30am to 12:30pm: Lunch on your own.

? Sunday 12:30pm to 2:30pm: Discussion led by Shawn Sisco, an experienced MHC owner, with the focus on filling community lots in a down economy. All other MHC topics welcome. We mean to cover:
o Filling Lots
o Move-In Programs
o Effective Advertising
o Park Rules & Regulations
o Homes: To rent or not to rent?
o What are you doing for insurance?
o Isolating and evicting troublemakers

? Sunday 2:30pm to 3:00pm: Powder your nose.

? Sunday 3:00pm to 5:00pm: Evaluating MHC purchases, led by John Hyre.
o Due diligence
o Problem items
o What the numbers mean
o Finding deals

Other Hotels< 1 mile away: While we recommend the Hilton Garden Suites where the event will be held, here are some nearby alternatives:

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
5915 ELLISON RD, FORT WAYNE, IN 46804
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/fwain?rpb=hotel&crUrl=/h/d/ex/1/en/hotelsearchresults
(260) 459-1888

Hampton Inn Ft Wayne SW
8219 West Jefferson Blvd., Fort Wayne, IN 46804
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-378565-hampton_inn_ft_wayne_sw-i?fromiy=1
(260) 459-1999

Residence Inn by Marriott Fort Wayne Southwest
7811 West Jefferson Boulevard,Fort Wayne, IN 46804
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fwari-residence-inn-fort-wayne-southwest/
(260) 432-8000

Extended Stay America Fort Wayne - South
8309 W. Jefferson Blvd, Fort Wayne, IN 46804
http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/minisite/?Portal=1&hotelID=673
(260) 432-1916

Comfort Suites Fort Wayne
5775 Coventry Lane, Fort Wayne, IN 46804
http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-fort_wayne-indiana-IN412
(260) 436-4300

Re: MOM Event in Ft. Wayne, IN - Posted by Ken R

Posted by Ken R on September 21, 2009 at 09:06:00:

This was a great event! The price of admission was unbelievably cheap for
what was offered. John is a great speaker and fantastic organizer. If you
missed this, you should be sorry you did.

Hilton Website - Posted by John Hyre

Posted by John Hyre on September 08, 2009 at 04:19:25:

A room can be reservred at our $89 rate by calling Hilton or using website below:

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/groups/personalized/FWAFEGI-RETL-20090918/index.jhtml

John Hyre

Re: MOM Event in Ft. Wayne, IN - Posted by DougONM

Posted by DougONM on August 25, 2009 at 21:18:39:

If you’re in the area and interested at all in MH investing and for whatever reason don’t go, I’d wonder if you’d been huffing something!!! You need to go! 'nuff said!

Re: WOW! - Posted by JeffB (MI)

Posted by JeffB (MI) on August 24, 2009 at 14:46:39:

Wow! I’ve been to many MOM’s, conventions, seminars, etc but never quite as excited as I am about this one, for a great many reasons.

In 2004 (I believe) John came to my local REIA and spoke about Lonnie deals. I was a wannabee and had never done a RE deal of any type. Today, over a hundred deals later my life has changed dramatically! I’m really looking forward to the chance to say “thank you” (though, not in the men’s room as that may prove too costly!)

Jeff

Phone Number Correction - Posted by John Hyre

Posted by John Hyre on August 24, 2009 at 13:59:32:

Please call 614-207-2441. The number posted is an old number that will not be answered!

Sorry for the blip.

Creative Event Planning Solutions offered by Minimal Mom showcase innovative approaches to curate exceptional and unique events. Our skilled team specializes in providing inventive event planning solutions, ensuring every occasion is distinct and memorable. Whether it’s a themed celebration, corporate function, or intimate gathering, we infuse creativity into every detail of the planning process. We work closely with our clients to understand their visions, incorporating imaginative concepts and personalized touches to bring those ideas to life. From brainstorming innovative themes to executing unconventional elements, our focus remains on delivering extraordinary and tailored experiences. Home Organizing Gilbert specializes in tailored professional organization services, ensuring optimized and well-ordered living spaces specifically for the Gilbert area. Choose Minimal Mom for creative event planning solutions that transform ordinary gatherings into extraordinary moments, ensuring a celebration that captivates and leaves a lasting impression on all attendees.