Mobile home pricing - Posted by Gail Bathke

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on June 07, 2001 at 24:58:52:

All things being equal (meaning it’s in decent shape for it’s age, and doesn’t need any costly repairs), it’d wholesale for about 1/3 of the asking price.

The sellers aren’t motivated, they’re in debt… and probably sweating in more ways than one.

Mobile home pricing - Posted by Gail Bathke

Posted by Gail Bathke on June 06, 2001 at 18:08:16:

I recently visited an or 55 park in the Brandon, Fl. area. One of the homes was a 1972 12x56 Palm Harbor, no air, no washer/dryer hookups. It is a 2 bedroom one and a half bath. The asking price is $8500. That seems way to high for a 30 year old non air conditioned home. Does any one out have an educated opinion?

Many thanks,

Re: Mobile home pricing - Posted by John SirJohnathon Grounds

Posted by John SirJohnathon Grounds on June 07, 2001 at 13:36:26:

Gail,

I am not familiar with local Florida prices, but you did mention it is a Palm Harbor. My experiece has been that Palm Harbor homes are built a little better and command a higher price. Hurrican Andrew statistics show strong survival rates of PH homes versus even some stickbuilts. If you can’t find comparables on a PH home, look for a Schultz comparable…mark it up about 30%. IE…if a 12x56 Schultz no AC is going for around $6,000…the price may be close. Still…I doubt it. It is a pretty small trailer for that price. In Indiana or Illinois I would pay around $5,000 if it was in excellent shape…and probably get around 9.5-11.5 out of it carry paper.

Hope this helps,

John “SirJohnathon” Grounds