mobile home prices - Posted by tom s.

Posted by John on February 24, 2006 at 14:43:24:

nt

mobile home prices - Posted by tom s.

Posted by tom s. on February 23, 2006 at 09:04:47:

In reading the typical prices that ronnie scruggs pays for these units,such as ;1500. 2000. 3000. and similar prices.
I’m in N.J. and the prices I’ve been checking for over a year,are nothing even close to those amounts.The going price here is 15000. to 20000.and UP. occasionally you might find one for 14000.I saw one for 5000. but it was a 1972,that needed a lot of work AND had to be moved !Can I apply these methods to a market with this pricing thats predominent in this area?

“Ronnie” Scruggs - Posted by John

Posted by John on February 24, 2006 at 11:19:00:

Dear Bom

What an amaziiing coincidence that you’'ve found a RONNIE Scruggs and apparently he/she is in the same kind of business as LONNIE is!

Re: mobile home prices - Posted by Gavin Wilkinson

Posted by Gavin Wilkinson on February 24, 2006 at 10:59:43:

I’m in California, and things are much worse here. I have seen many used mobiles, sometimes 30 years old advertised for more than 100k.

You have to consider: People are not going to give you money. If they think they can sell their home for more, they will. You are looking for homes. Look for motivated sellers.

Most motivated sellers have a reason they need to get out. They have to move and have no money. They have already moved and are tired of making 2 payments (4 if you consider lot rent). They are buying a new home and want to clear the old one off their lot/space.

Talk to movers. I got some deals from a mover that knew of people that were pulling in new homes. I got a deal from an out of state seller that had been selling their home on a obscure websight for 3 years.

There is a good saying. “If you are not embarrased by your first offer, its too high”. And don’t be in a hurry. Better to do one good deal a year, than 10 bad ones. Especially, make your first deal a good one. Nothing like a bad first deal to sour you on the entire industry, and then think how much you might lose out on.

Good Luck!!

Re: mobile home prices - Posted by Anon

Posted by Anon on February 23, 2006 at 09:48:23:

Tom,
First off, it’s Lonnie, with an ‘L’. Second, i’d suggest searching the archives in the Mobile Home forum as I’ve seen this topic discussed there several times. Good luck.