Mobile Home license needed in California? - Posted by Brian R

Posted by Brad Crouch on September 02, 1999 at 16:40:19:


Go to the California Department of Housing and Community Development. Buy their handbook called, “Occupational Licensing Examination Study Book for Manufactured Housing, Mobilehome, Commercial Coach Dealer and salesperson License Examinations”. It costs about $11 and will give you a lot of information.

Yes, you need a license to sell even ONE mobile home, for a profit. The license costs $1,300 and is renewable at the same price every two years. To sit for the exam costs $100 (each time) and there are about $650 worth of “exam prep” courses needed to pass the exam. I believe there is also a bond that needs to be posted, but I am not certain of this, or how big a bond is necessary.

Good luck,


Mobile Home license needed in California? - Posted by Brian R

Posted by Brian R on September 02, 1999 at 15:12:55:

Greetings all-

I recently discovered Lonnie’s books and courses and have been reading all I can on this site. I live in the Los Angeles area and would be interested in doing some mobile home deals due to the incredible returns available.

I will be doing this part time, since I enjoy my job and my career. I just want a good place to invest the money I’m making.

Anyway, since I live in California, do I need a license to buy, sell, and finance mobile homes? I’ve tried searching some law web sites but I haven’t had any luck. Any answers or pointers to where I can find the answer?

Thanks in advance,
Brian R.