MN RE Investors - Public Records access online? - Posted by Karla - MN

Posted by Karla - MN on May 13, 2002 at 07:40:57:

Thanks for the reply - I had a feeling that was the case, but I keep hearing in these posts about people who search out foreclosures and tax liens and the like, and often it sounds like this information is online for them.

Well, I will keep working to figure out the best angle for me and my particular situation until I find a method of finding motivated sellers that works…I am going to try many things and see what pans out! Thanks again!

Karla

MN RE Investors - Public Records access online? - Posted by Karla - MN

Posted by Karla - MN on May 12, 2002 at 21:26:01:

Are there any MN investors on this site? I am interested to know if there is access to public records (aside from the Tax Assessors records) online? I plan to start attending the REI meetings as they happen this month, but am looking for a jump start. I will call the contacts listed with this question if I don’t receive any answers on this forum (haven’t seen any MN counterparts yet!). My main interest is learning how I can search for foreclosures, divorces, tax liens, etc without going on-site to the records office…I work a ton of hours right now, and so actually GETTING to the records office during business hours is probably impossible.

Thanks for any help! I have learned so much these past few weeks by reading all of these articles and posts - and RE-reading! It is amazing the different perspective and understanding you have on a subject when you come back to an article a week later!

Karla

Re: MN RE Investors - Public Records access - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on May 13, 2002 at 06:10:40:

Karla,
Depends where you are in the state. From my experience, there is very little access via the web, only by dial-up with a hefty subscription price and that is only for property records.
Hey, if it was easy everyone would be doing it!
All the best, Lyal