MLS - Posted by Chip

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on July 16, 1999 at 12:19:58:

Chip, I didn’t put two and two together. When you wrote that you are a new salesman, I didn’t realize you meant RE salesman. Oh, well, my post may be helpful to those who aren’t agents.

Stacy

MLS - Posted by Chip

Posted by Chip on July 16, 1999 at 11:02:04:

I’m a brand spankin’ new salesperson located in Central Florida and I as wondering if there was any way to access MLS listings without having to lay out the scratch. Perhaps someone out there has discovered a method to circumvent the cost of an MLS service. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated! Thanks…Chip

Re: Price of doing business… - Posted by Lon

Posted by Lon on July 16, 1999 at 13:16:17:

Chip,

I think you will find that the cost of being associated with your local MLS is minimal compared to the return on this small investment.

One transaction will pay for the entire year plus some.

If you’re having a problem coming up with the fee’s, ask your broker. It would be in their best interest to supply you will all the tools necessary to ensure your successful.

Good luck in your new business!
Lon

Re: MLS - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on July 16, 1999 at 11:54:38:

Chip,

I am a part-time real estate broker in Orlando. When I first got my salesman license I signed up with a referral company. Many real estate firms allow this. It is a place to hang your license and many will allow access to the MLS. Call around and ask broker’s if they have a referral company. I would help you, but my office is out of my home and I only do it part-time for my own deals.

Good luck.

Re: MLS - Posted by Maurice (Ca)

Posted by Maurice (Ca) on July 16, 1999 at 11:51:48:

Well this won’t help any now, but I just thought it was interesting that once the MLS is online how it’ll affect investors & agents. Check this site out:

http://www.homexposure.com/

Re: MLS - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on July 16, 1999 at 11:21:36:

I know a few people that have free access to the MLS at their homes, however I can’t say it’s necessarily “above board”. Having a very cooperative agent to work with, that won’t mind bending a rule or two is the only way I know that you can have unlimited access.

But, once you have a good working relationship with an agent, I’m sure they wouldn’t charge you to perform any type of search you would like them to. I think once you establish that you know what you’re doing and are capable of making it financially beneficial to the agent and the brokerage to work with you, they may let you come into their office and use the MLS computer whenever you like.

I’ll be interested to hear others ideas.

Stacy

Re: Price of doing business… - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on July 16, 1999 at 16:06:00:

Lon is absolutely right Chip. In Orlando the local, state, and national Realtor’s dues run about $800 a year. I will be closing on a house at the end of July that will earn me a $4000 commission (read a $4000 cash rebate on the house). That is about 5 years worth of dues is only one deal. MLS access is an incredible plus when searching for deals and collecting commissions.

Re: MLS - Posted by Chip

Posted by Chip on July 16, 1999 at 12:03:25:

Thanks for the info Rob…I’ll look into it
Chip

Posted by Chip on July 16, 1999 at 12:05:58:

Thank you for your response Maurice. I’ll look into that URL A.S.A.P.
Chip

Posted by Chip on July 16, 1999 at 12:10:27:

Thank you for your response Stacy. I am not interested in doing anything unethical, but as I progress in the R.E. biz, I will take your suggestion and try to incorporate MLS in my in-home office through my Broker.
(ERA)
Thanks again,
Chip