Milins, and Natl Grant Conference - Posted by Carol

Posted by Been There on January 07, 1999 at 13:57:18:

They began in the mid 80’s with their lease option course. It was totally plaguarized from Phil Drummond. All they do and have ever done is market other people’s materials. They have little if any real knowledge of any of it.

Milins, and Natl Grant Conference - Posted by Carol

Posted by Carol on January 02, 1999 at 18:33:23:

Since I had asked lst week if anyone had any input on what Mike and Irene Milin were doing re their informercial, thought it waa only fair to report back.
The ‘seminar’ was essentially touting govt grant, loans and subsidies, and how a membership in the Natl Grant Conference (for a mere $695 per yr)could help even you (me) get hold of some of that money for REI, rehab, small biz, etc.

The second part of the seminar was a pitch for flipping mortages to the pseaker and his partner, and a sort of bird dog program where, if you took their training, they would finance any deal as long as it was no more than 70% LTV.

Actually, there are no doubt many govt sources of funds that, were I in a less skeptical frame of mind these days, I might venture to look in to. And anybody who knows anything about grants knows that one iota wrong, or one date missed, can get a grant thrown out.

Anyway, there you have it. That’s what it was all about.
Carol

Re: Milins, and Natl Grant Conference - Posted by Paul

Posted by Paul on January 06, 1999 at 16:47:07:

Carol:
Just wanted to let you know.I attended a Milin real estate conference in the early 90,s and bought their
course on R.E. and govt. auctions.At that time they
also had a bird dog program which was a complete sham.
They operated out of Houston TX. at the time and were
investigated by the texas attorney general.As a result
they had to give refunds to many of the people that
bought their course because of false claims.They are
hucksters in every sense of the word.It bothers me that
they are still out there stealing peoples dreams.My advice is to stay as far away from them as possible.
Best Regards,

Paul