MH Roof Rust - Posted by Kevin (GA)

Posted by lyal on July 20, 2001 at 12:54:34:

Kevin,
Glad to see you dealing with the PM on the front end of the deal. Too many people forget that part until its too late (been there got the bruises) unfortunately.
Is this an owner/manager or just a manager? Either way, if they won’t play nice, you gotta look for another sand box.
All the best, Lyal

MH Roof Rust - Posted by Kevin (GA)

Posted by Kevin (GA) on July 19, 2001 at 08:35:08:

Ran across a motivated buyer and I think I can get into this 1986 MH for 3-4K. Dosent have skirting, but has new cpt. painted, and is in pretty good interior condition. Flooring is plywood, windows and pluming is good. The roof is getting ugly, however. There is some surface (looking)rust and a small portion (say 2’) of the siding is dented pretty bad. The roof does not leak though.

Question, what is the situation with rust on the roofs. Is it a simple leak proof coating fix? Also, skirting. Do you suggest puting skirting on before selling. The park does not require it, but would sure make it lood better.

Thanks in advance for any advise!

Re: MH Roof Rust - Posted by lyal

Posted by lyal on July 19, 2001 at 20:54:07:

Kevin, If there is just surface rust it should be no problem. I always use the white roof coating. Its a little more expensive but it keeps the home cooler and looks a LOT nicer than the black or grey stuff.
Definately yes to the skirting. If the park has no preference you can just put on the plastic stuff with the vertical ribs. Not nearly as durable as the metal but gives a nice finished look.
An 86 for 4k…I wish. Good goin’
Let us know the details when its sold.
All the best, Lyal

Re: MH Roof Rust - Posted by Kevin

Posted by Kevin on July 20, 2001 at 07:30:57:

Thanks Lyal,

Don’t think the deal will go through because of the PM. A real “ITCH” to put it nicely. She should go ahead and sell the park. She is far beyond being burned out.