MH prices here in Mass/NH are sky high !! - Posted by Cole

Posted by LKL on September 23, 2002 at 22:40:42:

Hmmm,My Dad used to say,"Son, everything is high when you’re poor! LOL
LKL

MH prices here in Mass/NH are sky high !! - Posted by Cole

Posted by Cole on September 21, 2002 at 22:50:39:

1970 models selling for $30K - $40K…some as high as $70K. Is it just the high housing market here in Massachusetts/New Hampshire, or is this usual in other parts of the country? Can’t do many “Lonnie Deals” with prices this high. Anyone else here from the Mass/NH area? Finding the same thing, or do I need to go further north out in the sticks?

Re: MH prices here in Mass/NH are sky high !! - Posted by Tom

Posted by Tom on August 03, 2003 at 14:11:50:

Cole, I’ve seen the same thing - MH prices between $30K and $80K. Obviously, if you can buy a $60K MH for $30K, you can get the same yields that Lonnie gets,but you’re in a much higher plateau than the “Lonnie” deals. You’re also at a much higher risk level. I would also guess that it’s easier to buy a $6K MH for $3K than it is to buy a $60K MH for $30K - but I just don’t know! This needs a response from Lonnie or Ernest.

Re: MH prices here in Mass/NH are sky high !! - Posted by Nancy

Posted by Nancy on October 28, 2002 at 17:50:46:

Hi Cole

I hear you about the high prices in MA & NH. I live in MA & am current;y working in NH. i haven’t done any deals yet but I’m considering it. Do you know if a license is needed for MA?

Re: MH prices here in Mass/NH are sky high !! - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on September 22, 2002 at 08:08:09:

Cole,
Where are you getting these prices from? If it’s the newspaper or dealer lots you are wasting your time as they have no relationship to what an investor will pay. Don’t know how long you have been here but if you haven’t read the fine articles, “Money Ideas”, and studied the posts and archives, start there. Get some specific questions and bring them back here. (The biggest mistake most beginning investors do is to go out and look at homes and make low offers to unmotivated sellers. Total waste of effort. You need to find motivated sellers and deal with them). After that if you think you want to try investing in this niche, buy Lonnie’s 2 books (available here, real cheap and explains in detail how to buy mobiles and resell for big profits in ANY location) and get started.
All the best, Lyal