MH land deal - Posted by chemie

Posted by Brenda (OH) on July 17, 2010 at 08:08:59:

Chemie,

I have a friend going something similar, but she has the land and needs to get a used mobile home to put on it…

unfortunately, the county wants the home purchased BEFORE they will give her a permit to put in sewer, electric, the pad etc. The county more or less wants to “approve” the home she wants to place on the land. They want it to be a double wide, but do not “require” it to be a double wide. They will not give her a written policy of what they require… “there is not written policy”… she is trying to stay sane…

The county is used to the landowner buying from a certain mobile home dealer and having him install the home. The county has “never” had anyone bring in a home that did not use that dealer…

so be very very careful, the local government can make issues of all types.

why do you need to move the home?

Brenda (OH)

MH land deal - Posted by chemie

Posted by chemie on July 16, 2010 at 20:53:21:

Ok here’s the situation…- have a MH that needs to be moved. Found an eagered seller with plenty of land…guy calls me day and night. Unfortunately, I can’t buy his land bank won’t finance raw land now. I NEED help!!!

Caveat emptor! - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on July 17, 2010 at 13:06:52:

Buyer beware here as NO MH move is gonna be cheap, or bare land made usable for MH use w/o LOTS of cost to the doer.

If the land seller’s so hot to sell then he’d undoubtedly happily carry the contract for a year or two while you undergo the joys of septic installation, moving and setting of the MH on your lot, complying with your building and land dept, etc.

Seriously it sounds like that bank is doing you a big favor NOT throwing its money at you for this deal.

If you’ll spend some time looking around your situs you can likely find already-established tincans on land for sale cheap as these days financing is frequently a toughie.

Not impossible to find but it took me a while to unearth some financing sources for MHs on land and in MH parks.