MH in Venice FL - Posted by Steve

Posted by Phil Pelletier on May 15, 2003 at 19:56:47:

Sounds like you inherited a 3 bed rent payment! To answer your questions, you can sell the home to anyone who is tall enough to get their money up on the counter, but in order to LIVE in the home, the buyer must apply at the park manager’s office and go through a pretty tough screening process. If you sell the home “yourself, rather than going through the park office”, then the home must be moved, which is expensive. Basically, you cannot sell that place to just anyone, if they plan to live there. The park manager has the final say as to who you sell it to. Pretty lousy deal, but it is true.

Most of the time, there is no way to rent the place out. Most parks do not allow rentals. You have to sell it. Depending on the year and the condition, a 3 bed home will sell pretty fast at the right price. The only problem may be the qualification of the applicant. Not a lot of good credit folks out there wanting to buy mobile homes, at least not here in Oregon. People with good credit can buy site-built homes.

Good luck.
Phil Pelletier

MH in Venice FL - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on May 15, 2003 at 09:48:45:

I have a MH in a park in Venice that I recently inherited. 3 BR and great condition. It is fully paid for but the land lease is a few hundred a month. Thought about renting it, but likely wouldn’t be able to get enough per year to cover rent. Or could I? Other option is to sell.

I know jack about the MH market but wonder if this is an opportuntiy I am overlooking. Is there a rental market (would need about $6k annually to be viable)? If I was looking to sell myself, rather than through the park office, anyone have opinions as to best means of doing that? In general, any advice or direction to books, sources, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Re: MH in Venice FL - Posted by Gary

Posted by Gary on May 15, 2003 at 19:57:19:

I am in Sarasota, email me.I may be interested. Gary