MH Exterior Paint Suggestions? - Posted by Tony-Va

Posted by Dick(FL) on August 14, 1999 at 18:57:56:

I just finished spraying one in FL, and used and exterior laytex enamel, it was harvest gold and white and I changed it to light gray with blue trim and it looked great. I would suggest you spray it if you can, I have seen some that were done by brush and roller and the didn’t look to good. Hope it helps.
Dick

MH Exterior Paint Suggestions? - Posted by Tony-Va

Posted by Tony-Va on August 14, 1999 at 16:56:38:

Yesterday I bought a 1977 Mobile home that I am going to put a little work into. The park gave me a great deal on it but required that I paint the home, put new skirting on it and paint the aluminium shed.

A ways back someone posted a great suggestion about the type of paint to use on the exterior of mobile homes. I promptly saved it in hyperspace somewhere. Can anybody suggest what type of paint I should use.

Many thanks,

Tony-VA

Re: MH Exterior Paint Suggestions? - Posted by Miloneco

Posted by Miloneco on August 16, 1999 at 21:36:39:

Wash the home No cleaning agent. Use a 1005 Arcylic Latex product Sherwin Williams Superpaint wil work fine. Try to use a Sain finish not Gloss all the dings will show you’ll be fine from experiance.

First…use SealKrete…Then… - Posted by Scott

Posted by Scott on August 14, 1999 at 20:35:12:

Most older MH’s paint oxidizes and become chalking.

First, you must use Seal Krete. You can use a garden pump sprayer to apply it. It’ll dry in a couple of hours and it seals the oxidized paint. Once it’s sealed it becomes shiny to a small degree.

The you can you a semi-gloss exterior latex…any brand.

The Seal Krete is important. It’s cheap and easy to apply. You’ll be assured your paint job will look it’s BEST!!

Scott

Re: MH Exterior Paint Suggestions? - Posted by Barbara (ME)

Posted by Barbara (ME) on August 14, 1999 at 17:05:45:

I used Wal-Mart’s House Beautiful acrylic latex and loved it. We did a trailer which had a dark green striped awning and it covered it (beige paint) with one coat.
Barbara (ME)