MH Dealer license - Posted by Randy Ga

Posted by Randy Ga on April 28, 2000 at 13:14:51:

Thanks soapymac for your reply

MH Dealer license - Posted by Randy Ga

Posted by Randy Ga on April 27, 2000 at 22:47:43:

Please give me specifics on Georgia requirements for MH dealer license, if one is required. I know from talking to the county tax office and Lonnie’s books I will need local business license. I have tried several search engines including the state site but no mention of requirements.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: MH Dealer license - Posted by Bob J

Posted by Bob J on April 28, 2000 at 14:09:23:

Call the State Fire Safety Commisioner in Atlanta (part of the Insurance Commisioner’s office I think) They make you fill out a form and they charge $100 per year. That’s all there is to it.

Thanks

Re: MH Dealer license…you might try… - Posted by soapymac

Posted by soapymac on April 28, 2000 at 12:46:28:

on the state site to see if there is an e-mail address listed for questions. That has worked for me. I word my e-mail something like this:

“I have searched to state website without success to try to find the applicable department for the following information. I am asking you, because in most other states, what I am looking for is handled through the Department of Safety or the Division of Motor Vehicles.”

“I am a private investor looking to buy and sell used mobile homes for my own account. I buy the mobile home from the current owner, fix it up, and sell
it to a new owner. In the Northeast (I am from Massachusetts,) I need to have, at a minimum, a dealer’s license — even though I do not move the home from the park where I purchase it.”

“I want to be in compliance with state law. I just need to know what the law is. Can you help me, or at least point me in the right direction?”

Every time I’ve tried to come across as courteous and looking for help, I’ve received an answer…quickly, too.

Hope this helps.

Cordially,
Roy MacLean
“soapymac”

Re: MH Dealer license - Posted by Randy Ga

Posted by Randy Ga on April 28, 2000 at 15:33:30:

Thanks Bob J for your help. It is much appreciated