memorandum of agreement - Posted by WILLIAM H. SCHIRMER

Posted by John Merchant on March 21, 2004 at 12:08:48:

CA has, by statute, years ago, severely limited those RE docs that can legally be recorded…and a Memo of Interest is NOT included. I know from personal experience…I tried and got my memo right back in mail!

So IMHO you’re going to need a CA lawyer to file a suit for your RE commission & a lis pendens in the deed records, telling the world about that suit, so as to legally screw up the title and put any potential buyers on notice of your interest in the RE.

P.S. Do yourself a big favor and buy Bill Broadbent & George Rosenberg’s great CA RE book, “Owner Will Carry”, as it covers most of CA RE problems & issues like this one. I find it tremendously useful in ANY state, but it was written for CA RE law & practice, so no CA broker can afford to not have it.

It’s probably available on this site.

memorandum of agreement - Posted by WILLIAM H. SCHIRMER

Posted by WILLIAM H. SCHIRMER on March 02, 2004 at 13:54:49:

please give me an attorney knowledgable regarding filing a memorandum of agreement or affadavit. The county recorder will not file. Also I need to know when I can file for specific performance or file for payment of compensation under my Brokers License ( a Realtor) in California. Please advise.