Medical leins... - Posted by Strange Tanks (Philly)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on February 10, 2003 at 20:05:46:

Strange Tanks–¶-------------

You might want to consult with an attorney about this, or a title examiner at a title insurance company.

I am not an attorney. I doubt that the medical facility can file a lien against the property unless the property owner agreed to be responsible for the medical bills for the person who is in the medical facility. The only way to find out about that, it would seem to me, is to talk to the property owner.

Good InvestingRon Starr**********

Medical leins… - Posted by Strange Tanks (Philly)

Posted by Strange Tanks (Philly) on February 10, 2003 at 19:29:57:

I am looking at a property right now, the man who lives in the house by himself right now is mentally handycapped but his brother owns the property. The resident of the house went to the hospital for cancer (i suspect he doesn’t have any health insurance). I’m worried about finding out that there are leins placed on the property by a hospital or insurance company. I heard these leins are not recorded the same way as other leins and are therefore difficult to find.

Thanks
Strange Tanks

Medicaid Liens… - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on February 10, 2003 at 21:11:08:

Strange:

You are likely referring to liens for healthcare from Medicaid. That would be those folks who are financially unable to pay, and Medicaid steps in to pick-up the tab. As Ron Starr suggested, you should seek the advice of an Atty or Title Co in your area on the subject.

For what it is worth, hospitals or insurance companies are granted no special status when it comes to liens. They would each have to pursue a Debtor in civil court in order to attach a lien.

JT-IN