Marketing to folks in pre foreclosure--HELP - Posted by kelly

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on October 19, 2002 at 17:49:41:

Check in the office of the clerk of courts in the county where the property is. The foreclosure action has to start somewhere it does not just appear in the paper by itself.

The lender must file an action (suit) with the court. This should start at the clerk of courts office. Then a judge will rule on that action, ordering the sale. So if you can get involved when the action gets filed you should be able to get several weeks and dollars, ahead of the game. Good searching.

Marketing to folks in pre foreclosure–HELP - Posted by kelly

Posted by kelly on October 18, 2002 at 21:47:34:

I’m working on buying properties in pre foreclosure aka Jeff Kaller. My problem is that here in Tennessee the auctions are about 30 days after the 1st legal notice. The county keeps no foreclosure files what so ever. The only connection to the county is that they sell em on the courthouse steps!

I currently use a letter campaign after they appear in the paper. I also run newspaper & Thrifty Nickel ads plus signs around town. This helps drive client to my website and phone. But most of these folks don’t call me until a week before the auction and there’s not much I can do.

Any thoughts on how to reach these people sooner?