Marketing strategies - Posted by Brian_wa

Posted by chris on February 28, 2010 at 14:55:58:

How do you deal with the sub 2 deals if not through the land trust?

Marketing strategies - Posted by Brian_wa

Posted by Brian_wa on October 17, 2007 at 09:18:31:

I’m thinking of increasing my marketing efforts but not sure which strategies are best. I’m currently spending about $500.00 a month subscribing to web sites like Ibuyhouses.com. The leads I’m getting that I can turn into deals are generally no equity leads where the owners are in default. I’d turn them into short sale deals and it’s been working ok.

I’m thinking of advertising in a major newspaper and that would cost about $1000.00 a month but not sure how effective that is.

I’m looking to spend about $2000.00 in marketing a month and would like something effective yet easy to set up and not so labor intensive. I do not want to sit around licking envelopes.

With $2,000.00 a month in marketing budget, what would you do?

Btw, I’m on pace to closing about 22 to 25 deals by year’s end.

Brian

Re: Marketing strategies - Posted by Kristine-CA

Posted by Kristine-CA on October 17, 2007 at 22:01:32:

Mail marketing, hands down, is the most cost-effective for me. You
don’t have to lick the envelopes–get someone else to do it.

If you hone your list to be very targeted and figure out a truly unique
message, you will get calls. In this market where I am, even bad mail
marketing will generate calls. So it’s getting your marketing to people
who you want to buy from. What is it that you want to buy? ideally
who from? And then what are you offering to do? That’s all there is to
it. :slight_smile:

If you’ve been ok with the leads that you can get from subsription
services and you’ve closed deals from them, then I think you’ll soar
with your own targeted mail marketing.

Re: Marketing strategies - Posted by Angelina

Posted by Angelina on October 17, 2007 at 18:32:00:

Brian,
you should really take a look at www.yuckyhouseleads.com

Re: Marketing strategies - Posted by Natalie-VA

Posted by Natalie-VA on October 17, 2007 at 15:56:12:

I think the newspaper advertising depends on how many others are advertising. I ran an ad here (few years ago) on a 13 week contract. The only calls I got were from people looking for properties. No sellers called. I was competing with over 20 other ads.

–Natalie

Re: Marketing strategies - Posted by DP

Posted by DP on October 17, 2007 at 14:02:51:

You could use the usps.com postcard service or some other mailing house. All you have to do then is buy or gather the list and they do all the mailing for you.

Re: Marketing strategies - Posted by Richard wa

Posted by Richard wa on October 17, 2007 at 09:23:59:

Congratulations on the number of deals. Are you doing them Subject 2?

Are you near the coast in WA?

Richard

Advertising - Delete - Posted by Delete

Posted by Delete on October 17, 2007 at 19:39:22:

That site sucks!

Re: Marketing strategies - Posted by Brian_wa

Posted by Brian_wa on October 17, 2007 at 09:29:31:

I do pretty much everything. However, I’m usually pretty nervous about leaving the mortgage in the seller’s name. Some are pretty easy to work with but a few are jumpy and nervous and it’s just not worth it dealing with their incessant callings and askings. As the result, I take properties sub-2 all the time but usually get rid of them within 6 months. It’s less of a headache.

I live in Seattle.

Brian

Re: Marketing strategies - Posted by Drewy

Posted by Drewy on October 17, 2007 at 09:42:50:

Brain, i don’t know why you are worried if you do your sub 2 properly you don’t have to worry cos what i normally do is put the property in a trust with myself as the beneficiary of that trust, that eliminates the lender calling the mortgage due or homeowner trying do so something without my consent. As for now i am loving sub 2 i have done 5 this yr and plan to do more

Re: Marketing strategies - Posted by Brian_wa

Posted by Brian_wa on October 17, 2007 at 09:52:33:

I did all that and even more. The thing is that when you do deals this way, it takes only one unhappy seller who knows of a good attorney to unravel a lot of your other sub-2 deals. I assume that when you take a property sub-2 the way you describe, you don’t have to pay excise tax. Well, an average attorney could dwell into that and you’ll either have to settle or pay a lot of money to the state.

Now I do sub-2 other ways to further protect myself. Regardless, I still get rid of them quickly to avoid future problems.

Brian