"Making Money with Mobile Homes" Book - Posted by Lynda Hamid

Posted by Tony-VA on June 14, 2001 at 18:00:30:

Lynda,

Lonnie does a very good job of explaining how to work the numbers in his first book “Deals On Wheels.”

But to give you some idea.

PV= Present Value

…this would be how much money you have left in the deal. To calculate your yield, you will subtract out the down payment paid by the buyer then put that new number in as PV.

N= number of payments
%= The annual percent. Depending upon the financial calculator you are using, you may have to devide that number by 12 to get the monthly figure in line with the N (number of monthly payments).

PMT= the amount they pay each month.

Hope this helps.

Tony Colella

“Making Money with Mobile Homes” Book - Posted by Lynda Hamid

Posted by Lynda Hamid on June 14, 2001 at 16:24:06:

This is for Lonnie Scruggs: Sir, I bought your book MMWMH and read it completely through. It was all interesting and easy to read with lots of good info–except–you never explained the values on the graphs. I never read a book like this before, but I think I got most of it. “N” is the time period? Do I asume “PV” means property value…or more likely the amount one has invested in the deal? Maybe this was all explained in the DOW book but I don’t have that one. Can you give me definitions for the letters so I can go back through the book again and make sure I have absorbed it correctly? Thanks! Lynda. PS…I drive thru my first 2 MHPs on Saturday to see what I can see. L

Re: Using financial calculater - Posted by Ernest Tew

Posted by Ernest Tew on June 20, 2001 at 05:13:50:

We have a three-page writeup that explains in simple terms (including examples) for how to use a financial calculator.

If you would like to receive a copy, please send me an e-mail.

Ernest Tew