MA Real Estate Salesperson Exam Advice Needed - Posted by Joe

Posted by James Harris on November 03, 2002 at 08:00:16:

Joe, I am not quite ready to take the test as of yet. I live in Missouri. Yet, I beleive the the conditions are the same. I decided to become a salesman because the re agents around me are very cautious about helping an investor like myself. Then I ran accross the broker that is sponsoring my class. He informed me that it would be good for me to become an agent for several reasons; 1) First hand knowledge of property being sold, 2) the ability to find comps yourself, 3) getting paid when you buy and sell, commisions. Plus, my knowledge of where to find financing for those the bank may turn down would be my “gimmic” to draw people to me. Knowing what information other investors need or should have in order to obtain maximum profits such as a property analasys, etc. Go for it. God bless.

MA Real Estate Salesperson Exam Advice Needed - Posted by Joe

Posted by Joe on November 02, 2002 at 13:55:05:

I will be taking the MA real estate salesperson exam within the next month and would appreciate any advice or input from someone who may have recently taken the test. I’m also trying to find out being a licensed salesperson will affect me if I’m buying property on my own (even if I’m not hooked up with a real estate office). Thanks

Re: MA Real Estate Salesperson Exam Advice Needed - Posted by EdgMA

Posted by EdgMA on November 06, 2002 at 12:47:07:

Take the pre-licensing course first of all (I think it’s mandatory). Some RE firms offer a weekend course. I took this course 6 months ago and reviewed the material for 3 or so hours. A week later I took the exam and passed. The exam itself is not very difficult, just pay attention to the way the questions are worded and you’ll do fine. Feel free to e-mail me if you have specific questions.

Ed

Re: MA Real Estate Salesperson Exam Advice Needed - Posted by Nate(DC)

Posted by Nate(DC) on November 03, 2002 at 23:39:29:

Tips:

Get a copy of the state’s laws and regulations about being a real estate sales person. Memorize them or at least the important facts (deadlines, etc.)

Get a book or study course (you may already have done this) for the national part of the exam. Take a bunch of practice tests. It will help.

Remember, the test is not that hard. After all, look at how dumb a lot of the people that passed it are. (I passed it myself, I’m allowed to say that! :slight_smile:

Good luck,
NT