Lucky's yucky phone isn't working - Posted by LK

Posted by Kenneth Hocking on September 04, 2007 at 19:44:03:

Agreed!

Lucky’s yucky phone isn’t working - Posted by LK

Posted by LK on September 02, 2007 at 14:00:41:

Before I saw the ad on this site, I was sent an unsolicited email (wonder where they got my address) for lead generation from the lucky buys yucky houses campaign.

I can’t help myself, I’m curious, so I actually checked out the 30 min. infomercial. No offense to anyone intended, but this is the funniest thing (OK, top 10) I’ve ever seen. My curiosity kept brewing, so I phoned the number. It seems lucky’s not having much luck with his 800#. Hard to get leads that way. Here is the link for those of you that are “serious about marketing” or that just want a good laugh.

http://www.yuckyhouses.biz/Data/LuckyBuysInfo.wmv

I think I’ll stick to my plain and simple We Buy Houses campaign and keep answering the phone.

Re: Lucky’s yucky phone isn’t working - Posted by Mandy-CA

Posted by Mandy-CA on September 13, 2007 at 12:04:40:

Came across this one and couldn’t help myself. I took a look at the commercial and found it really amusing. I watched it 3 times so I guess it did its job. As for the number not working, I think thats a no brainer. If a lead generation company like 800 cashoffer for example doesnt have a representative in the territory you are calling from, it routes through to a disconnect message or something similiar. The reason being that the company is not advertising to prospects in that territory at the present time. People misdial numbers or have similiar numbers so it saves the company from racking up excessive fees.

It’s funny though, because I dialed the number 800-22-lucky, which is the one you mentioned, and it went right through to the corporate office? I assume it didn’t go to a rep because there isn’t one in my area? I didn’t get a disconnected though.

I looked into the program and found it excititing. Theres no question in my mind that it would make the phone ring and personally, I find it about a hundred times more creative than a we buy houses bandit sign that is the same old “yawn” message people have grown tired of over the years. However, like you…I simply can’t afford to run tv infomercials and commercials…but, I am not going to knock those guys just because I can’t afford it. I think its a pretty cool program and if I could afford it I PROBABLY would give it a shot. I cant though, so like you I will stick with my we buy houses campaign. Actually, I use a much more creative variation of that (can’t give away my secrets :), but you get the point.