Looking to do my own website - Posted by Tim (CT)

Posted by Christi on November 18, 2003 at 15:09:39:

nt

Looking to do my own website - Posted by Tim (CT)

Posted by Tim (CT) on November 18, 2003 at 09:19:10:

O.K. I’m finally getting off my tail and throwing a website together. I’m a sofware engineer and this stuff doesn’t look too difficult. In fact, it looks pretty easy. I’d like to look at a few websites that some of you have put together to get some ideas. Don’t worry, I have no intentions of “ripping off” your design. I’m just curious to see what is working for people and what isn’t.

Anybody want to offer up their site?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Looking to do my own website - Posted by TomC_MI

Posted by TomC_MI on November 18, 2003 at 13:51:10:

If you’re looking for a cheap and easy way to do your site go to yahoo and use their program. I have not had any troubles with their program or hosting and they have excellent customer service. I don’t have a REI site right now but I did build my building company site through there. Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Re: Looking to do my own website - Posted by E-Investor

Posted by E-Investor on November 18, 2003 at 10:13:38:

I’m a software engineer also, in the St. Louis metro area. Perhaps the best thing that you can do is go to google and do a search on the area that you will be specializing in?

One of the main things to remember is that your site can not be to busy with “over done” bells and whistles. Your site should contain very well organized information, links, and the ability to give quick maintenance where needed.

Extremely important: the information on your site must be timely, accurate, AND true. Folks will visit your site time and time again if the design is good, AND the information is well organized (like this site).

Let me know how things turn out. I hope that this helps.

Just my .02
E-Investor