Looking for opinions - Posted by Nate-WI

Posted by Steve Contois on September 17, 2005 at 09:47:00:

Many large factories have monthly newsletters. Maybe you could put an ad in there newsletter. My guess is the ad would be very inexpensive.

Looking for opinions - Posted by Nate-WI

Posted by Nate-WI on September 16, 2005 at 15:26:02:

Hey folks,

Just bought my 4th home in a park that sits directly across a big cheese factory (Kraft Cheese) I’m thinking that this is a gold mine from a marketing concept. Here is what I’m thinking of doing. Two things.

First is to walk in there talk to the receptionist? HR? and ask if I can post some flyers on their billboards or if they know of anyone that is need of cheap living.

Second is to make 100 flyers on my tin can and put them on the windshields of the vehicles in the parking lot and see if I can’t get lucky. Just don’t know if I would cross a line with the second option. Your thoughts?

Nate-WI

Re: Looking for opinions - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on September 16, 2005 at 16:56:29:

Nate,

I’ve found HR at large corps to be very helpful- call and ask if you can put an ad in their break room, or sometimes they’ll ask you to email/call when you have a vacancy.

If you put things on cars, I suggest a business card rather than flyer OR your business card made into a sticky note which is placed on the car door handle. These are sometimes perceived to be less invasive than picking up the windshield wiper, and I know someone locally (diff biz, same target demographic) who was wildly successful with the sticky notes.

Just be sure your biz card or sticky notes say something like “call us for your affordable housing needs” and then make it clear you have MHs for sale.

good luck,

Anne

Re: Looking for opinions - Posted by Nate-WI

Posted by Nate-WI on September 17, 2005 at 08:27:27:

Interesting. I like that idea. This could be a homerun and far less expensive than ads in the paper. We’ll see how it goes,

Nate-WI