Looking for Homes... - Posted by Alex

Posted by Alex on February 25, 2000 at 11:13:05:

Thank you very much for this very valuable information!

Looking for Homes… - Posted by Alex

Posted by Alex on February 25, 2000 at 10:44:34:

Where do you look for homes? Just in the newspaper? Internet?

Thanks

Re: Looking for Homes… - Posted by Steve-Atl

Posted by Steve-Atl on February 26, 2000 at 12:51:57:

If you are a beginner, looking for homes can be very educational. I did that when I began, but soon I learned that looking for homes is not the best way to find deals. Instead look for motivated sellers. If you have a motivated seller, you have a possible deal irregardless of the circumstances of the home itself.

Read Kaiser’s article on this website re finding motivated sellers. Good Luck!

Re: Looking for Homes… - Posted by Shenesa

Posted by Shenesa on February 25, 2000 at 11:09:09:

#1 Try getting a hold of a couple of real estate investors advertised in your local newspaper.

#2 Joining your local landlord or real estate investor club.

#3 Getting in your car and driving around the neighborhoods that you want to target.

#4 Place flyers around town telling people what you are doing as well as making up business cards to hand out to everyone you come in contact with.

#5 Look for homes in your Homes 4 Sale monthly magazines by realtors or fsbo’s

#6 Call tax assessors office to find out who owns boarded up or vacant buildings in your target area

#7 Try locating a good realtor who has access to the Multiple listing and may be an investor themselves that knows the ins and outs realestate investing.

Just a few that I can think of that I have put into play.

Much Success!
Shenesa

Re: Looking for Homes… - Posted by ED CASTILLO

Posted by ED CASTILLO on February 13, 2001 at 11:11:50:

Hello
My name is Ed Castillo I live in new jersey, I have this year bought and sold 3 homes averiging $30,000 per home. So I quit my job trying to do this full time I put an ad in the paper checked with many realtors, Fannie mae, HUD. and now I have financing with 30 percent down is there any help or advice you can give me I havent found any buys, selling them is easy finding the deals its hard also can I get financing with less than 30 percent down since I dont have a so called job .my fica score is 620… hope you can give me some advice. I KNOW there is a lot of money in this field. thank-you