Looking for heating ideas - Posted by Dr. B. (OH)

Re: Looking for heating ideas - Posted by Shawn Sisco

Posted by Shawn Sisco on April 21, 2011 at 08:11:20:

While I would probably be the first in line to install a product on my homes that would make utility deposits and high energy bills obsolete, it occurs to me that when these are the deal-killing issues that I face, I really need to figure out selling my homes to a more financially stable customer, or quit the business.

Certainly we will always have the poor with us, but folks, that doesn’t mean that we can make a business of dealing with them.

It seems that we continue down this path of trying to “adapt” our businesses by streamlining all non-essentials out and wind up with a product that only appeals to the “down and out.”

I read some of Ray Alcorn’s old posts about the “everything included” (fully furnished) MH promo and the like - hey, even Lonnie mentioned new skirting to make the homes look better - and I realized how we may have cut too much.

Re: Looking for heating ideas - Posted by joe–ga

Posted by joe–ga on April 25, 2011 at 12:21:18:

I just installed a reznor heat unit in a commercial
building I had a heat pump in.The bill was running $500
to $600 in winter months.FOR $200 I am putting this one
on propane and blowing directly into the building
instead of thru the duct system.you can use either
one… propane or electricity

Re: Looking for heating ideas - Posted by Bernd Hanak

Posted by Bernd Hanak on April 21, 2011 at 11:27:13:

We have the choice of either gas or electric in our area. We chose electric because replacement of units and parts and services are more economical. We live in a relatively mild climate with a temperature gradient of 20 degrees F in the winter to the high 90’s, even 100’s, with an unpleasant humidity for July and August. We have reserved for us a home/office, a 28x56 Clayton, which we occupy during weekdays. Without 'visitations? by our children, we average about a $125 -electric bill. Our tenants lament their $300 to $450. monthly utility charges, except one family who prides itself with a $95.- consumption. My log cabin, which I occupy full time, is more than twice as large as any D.W. I have. My monthly electric charge averages about $100.- ,documented for the previous twelve years. I insist on being comfortable, always. Walking through our MH development area, I notice that exterior and interior lights are on and that the compressors are working full blast, although no living soul is at home. The obvious difference is the management of consumption. It seems that the poorer they are, the more wasteful are their consumptions. The concept of savings is a foreign idea to many.The savior from Chicago asks:“Do you think we are stupid?”