Looking for clubs - Posted by SS

Posted by ss on November 17, 1998 at 08:13:59:

I’m looking for an investing club simply for the contacts and knowledge.
As far as the MLS listing on the internet, I suppose you’re referring to realtor.com. Although this does give me listings, it is limited and doesn’t allow the capability to search. Or am I wrong?

Looking for clubs - Posted by SS

Posted by SS on November 16, 1998 at 13:39:25:

I’ve looked for real estate investing clubs in my area, (Birmingham, Alabama) but nothing is listed. I’ve read how valuable they can be and wondered if any one had additional sources I might check.
I’ve searched the yellow pages and found none. I’ve called several real estate agencies who tell me you must be licensed to join. After reading about the cost involved in a broker holding your license, I’m hesitate to take a course. Access to the MLS listings would be nice though.
Would appreciate tips from anyone.
Thanks…

Re: Looking for clubs - Posted by Yianni

Posted by Yianni on November 16, 1998 at 20:24:29:

Maybe one of the seminar guys can tell you if there are such clubs in Alabama. Many clubs invite such seminar lecturers. (I know another guy who has the same problem as you do).

I don’t think membership in a investing club will give you access to MLS (If that’s one of your goals).

However you can access the MLS on the net. You’ll get good info about properties, except the actual address, but all you have to do is call the listing realtor and they’ll be happy to give it to you.
Hope this helps
Yianni

P.S. Maybe it’s time you start one of your own. : )