LONNIE COURSES vs books/combo - Posted by Mil NC

Posted by MilNC on December 10, 1998 at 16:43:52:

Dirk–thank you for your comments. I have read your posts and been encouraged. My questions was not whether
to get the courses/books or not, but how to save a little money on duplication, if there was any.
However, I do agree with you, as I am one who would
benefit from repetition and review. Audio tapes can
always be reviewed in the car or in the shower.

I am currently viewing John Behle’s 5-day video workshop on notes, and Ron Legrand on Fast Cash.
Ron goes into lease option in detail.

However, I live in an area where there are a lot of
mobile homes both in lots and on private land, and lakeside, as it is a rural state. They are not all
bad, disgusting, like some people think. So I did originally
think of mobile homes. And I did learn from this site
that “free mobile home–needs to be moved” is not a
bargain.

I like to get several approaches to a technique. Also,
being fairly new, it does take some time for it to
sink in.

I did a lot of reading on this board. I’m a “newbie”
but with some prior experience in appraising, former
real estate license, and some time value of
money basics that I was wanting to review. The Behle
course was good for that, and of course, much more.

After I ordered Ron LeGrand’s book,
Fast Cash Quick Turn, $15 or less from Amazon.com
it all started to fall into place. It was an over-view
for me and it got me more interested and less doubtful.
Never have so many sticky notes peeked out of the pages
of one book!

When the order page had the whole list of courses together, I wanted to order about $1300 worth of courses. I spent hours pouring over the course descriptions and comparing prices. Well, I’d say,
order something, to get started.

I have found some duplication on the tapes vs videos
from same sources and between different sources, but
actually, I no longer care. Sometimes, you hear something for the first time, and it seems odd,
too good to be true, unfamiliar, but after you see
50 posts on the subject on this board you start to iron out the wrinkles, and even you hear it repeated on a
tape vs video, it just reinforces it. You are listening
in your car, or as you fix dinner, and it just helps
you let it sink in.

But then, you can’t really index it without something in print, so a book is good place to start.

Thanks to all who posted here.

LONNIE COURSES vs books/combo - Posted by Mil NC

Posted by Mil NC on December 09, 1998 at 16:48:54:

I have the same question as Jim, below.
Deals on Wheels is available with a discount for
Making Money on MH; and the home study course is available
also with Making Money on MH thrown in, for a short period
of time on.

I have also not gotten any response as to what is included
in the home study course.Does one order the Deals on Wheels
first–is that the best way to go?

I posted this same question month ago, and like Jim,
got no response. I also got no help from emailing to the
order source.

Re: LONNIE COURSES vs books/combo - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on December 10, 1998 at 10:05:08:

Hi Mil,
Okay I have all three products. If MH’s are the avenue of investing which you would like to proceed in, I would pick up as much info as possible. I mean it is really up to you. Since I started following this board and frequenting this site and all I have noticed a common trait. People tend to read the materials and don’t retain what they read. Retention seems to be a problem. However the people who beat the information into their heads know the stuff cold. So really it’s up to you, in how serious you are. I mean this is your investment plan. Yes the typical Lonnie Deal is a small investment with limited risk and the creation of a short term note. I don’t think that this these types of investnments should be taken lightly. With the yeilds that are possible and the return on your investment how could one really.
I myself feel comfortable in the fact that I know enough (having read and listened and attended Lonnie’s workshop) to go out and pursue these types of investments. I still listen to his tapes daily, when I’m out riding the speed bumps (which I do everyday).
Reinforcement and motivation.
Also one of the aspects that I think a lot of poeple miss is that Lonnie Methods can apply to anything that you are willing to lend money on. It’s note creation with Mobile homes as a vehicle. There is little to no competition and you don’t need any money to get started. This is what makes Lonnie’s techniques so popular here.
So really like I said it’s up to you as to whether you should invest in his materials or not. Are they necessary? I would say that if you want to avoid simple mistakes and understand how to be succesful at these investments I would say that they are. I would also recommend any of the books and courses regarding paper and notes.
This is just my two cents. I hope that you will keep us all posted on your sucess.
Good Luck,
Dirk

Re: LONNIE COURSES vs books/combo - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on December 10, 1998 at 09:09:05:

With Lonnie’s two books, you can be in the used MH
business. The home study course is 6 audio tapes and
a workbook. It covers most of the material in the books
and also adds additional twists and insights.

Yes, you can start with just the 2 books. Many find it
helpful to listen to the audio tapes, especially if
they get serious about the MH biz.

JPV

Ask Lonnie himself, what’s his e-mail? - Posted by John (KS)

Posted by John (KS) on December 10, 1998 at 08:26:34:

Lonnie used to post here frequently. I only have Deals on Wheels, so I cannot answer your question. Maybe someone can give you Lonnie’s e-mail address and you could ask the man himself. That should get you an answer.