Lonnie - Can you Help? - Posted by Greg

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on June 25, 2001 at 20:38:45:

Viscount? Glenmanor? 26ft onsite van? aluminium annexe?

What the hell is that?

(Did I make my point?)

Lonnie - Can you Help? - Posted by Greg

Posted by Greg on June 21, 2001 at 22:28:43:

I’ve purchased 2 MHs and I’ve tried to sell them in the last few weeks using the methods out of your 2 books that I have purchased with no luck. You can view the ad (which I have had running in a number of local and metropolitan newspapers for the last 6 weeks)at www.personaltradingpost.com.au under wheels and waves under caravans over 20 feet. My ads are the first 2 ads with 2 “**”. The market value should be around the $8000 mark to sell. I purchased one at $3000 and the other $3200. One is selling at $6500 and the other at $6900. Dont know what else to do as its costing me $88/week ($44 each)in park fees. Please advise where I’m going wrong if you can. Thank you in advance for the reponse.

Re: Lonnie - Can you Help? - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on June 22, 2001 at 19:50:19:

Hi Greg,

You’ve already gotten good advice from the others, so not a lot to add. However, I will suggest that you review chapter 8 in DOW on finding buyers. Will Finance–No Banks–Good Terms should produce calls.

You don’t need to wait until you have a home for sale to run an ad. Run an ad and keep it running until you have a list of potential buyers & sellers. I keep an ad running continuously that says We Buy, Sell & Finance Used Mobile Homes. No Banks–Good Terms. I get calls from both buyers and sellers. And many times it’s simply a match-up game. You should also get the word out to everyone, especially the PM’s, explaining what you do, and what you have to offer.

Install a sign with a mail box attached at the home. In large letters, have sign read FOR SALE–WILL “FINANCE–NO BANKS–GOOD TERMS. FREE BROCHURE INSIDE–TAKE ONE”. Think of ways to target the person you’re looking for, and then use the most effective technique to reach that person.

And above all, don’t get discouraged. This is a great money making business. But like any business, marketing plays a key role. So be sure your advertising is geared to reaching the type person you’re looking for. And don’t overlook the power of word-of-mouth advertising from satisfied customers.

Good luck,

Lonnie

Re: Lonnie - Can you Help? - Posted by Ryan

Posted by Ryan on June 22, 2001 at 09:01:23:

Here are copies of Greg’s two ads:

** Viscount 26ft onsite van, aluminium annexe, large awning, VGC, negotiable deposit, flexible terms, extras include furniture, large fridge, crockery/cutlery, fan, clock radio, will finance -$6500 Mitchelton (0403) 276 384

**Glenmanor onsite 26ft caravan, aluminium annexe, large awning, VGC, negotiable deposit, flexible terms, extras include furniture, large fridge, crockery, cutlery, fan, clock radio -$6900 Mitchelton (0403) 276 384

It seems to me that the WILL FINANCE part of the ad is hidden – not even in the second ad.

Ryan