Long-time wannabe - Posted by Derek Harmon

Posted by Ronald * Starr on July 03, 2001 at 21:06:36:

Derek Harmon--------------

Why bother? You’ve got a good job, why take on learning another one? Real estate investing takes work. You have to learn what you are doing to make a go of it, in my opinion. It’s not as easy as it was thirty years ago.

Real estate investing is not particularly risky if you learn what is going on and craft an approach that is careful. If you bought with almost none of your money and without being personally liable for a loan, there is little to lose. Of course, that reduces the percent of potential purchases that you can actually pull in. But, that is no big deal. You’ll still find enough to keep you busy.

Is is great that you wife supports your interest in the area.

Well, if you do for some reason decide to invest in real estate – and nobody is aiming a gun at you and threatening you if you don’t do it – you probably should plan to study for about one year to two years before making your fist deal. You need to know a lot so that you will be less fearful and so you can make good choices that will not put you at much risk.

If you want more suggestions, try to search the main posting area for my name. I have several long posts with suggestions on how to go about being a beginning real estate investor. Oh, and see the post by Quncy in response to Traci a few posts above yours.

Good Investing and Good InvestigatingRon Starr**

Long-time wannabe - Posted by Derek Harmon

Posted by Derek Harmon on July 02, 2001 at 16:22:45:

I have always been very interested in REI, but am such a wimp when it comes to any kind of risk taking venture. I have a good job, great credit, but would love to get into REI. My wife also supports my ideas. Is there anyone out there that can relate and give me a positive push, and some beginner’s advice.

Thanks