Local investor listings? - Posted by Michael Taylor

Posted by Michael Taylor on March 05, 2001 at 15:49:12:

Waco, Texas

Local investor listings? - Posted by Michael Taylor

Posted by Michael Taylor on March 05, 2001 at 14:27:07:

I am searching for a way to reach local real estate investors who might be looking for available real estate. Is there a location oriented list of investors who are searching for prime real estate?

Re: Local investor listings? - Posted by Bob-Tx

Posted by Bob-Tx on March 06, 2001 at 10:28:18:

I suggest running an ad in your local daily paper…
"Fixer Upper 3/1 Great Investment Potential
$15,500 Cash As Is
Call XXX XXX xxxx’

make a list of questions you want answered…
where do you buy
where do you not buy
do you buy to hold or to fix and resell
how do you determine purchase price
what price range are you most comfortable with
if I show you a hot deal do you have your financing set up to close quickly
get phone and fax numbers for contacting with hot deals
etc…

Don’t be shy about revealing that there never was a property but that you are building a wholesale r.e. business and are looking for new investors to market to…they won’t be offended and if they are blow them off and go on to the next one. Believe me, at the end of this process you will have plenty of buyers and will know what they are looking for…then go find it.

Re: Local investor listings? - Posted by Eric C

Posted by Eric C on March 05, 2001 at 16:28:27:

Hi Michael -

All the established title companies will know property investors. There will be at least one or two attorneys who specialize in foreclosures,evictions, etc.; they’ll know investors too. Insurance agents are another good source. And my favorites, banks.

The easiest way to get up to speed in a new area is usually to ask yourself, what services do the people I’m seeking need? Then move in that direction.

There is also an Austin RE investors group that someone here can put you in touch with; they usually have someone in attendance from “outside” the immediate Austin area.

Yours,

Eric C

PS - I would try to narrow my search somewhat by asking more specific questions. What kind of investors are you looking for? What type of deals are you proposing? Under what conditions? For what length of time?

Might make it a little easier.

Re: Local investor listings? - Posted by houserookie

Posted by houserookie on March 05, 2001 at 15:38:04:

What area are u looking for?

Re: Local investor listings? - Posted by Greg NY

Posted by Greg NY on March 06, 2001 at 10:54:08:

I’ve ran this ad and have run into a few road blocks.

Most end buyer don’t want to work with wholesalers. They would rather work with a Realtor than a recent, let’s say, Legrand student.
They will answer all of your questions but when you palce a nice deal in front of them, they turn sour.

And yes they are nice deals, you guys have even said they were. :slight_smile:

What is your take on this?

Greg NY

Re: Local investor listings? - Posted by Michael Taylor

Posted by Michael Taylor on March 06, 2001 at 24:35:03:

Thanks for all the replies. I am trying to sell my home, and would like to help the self supported RE investor. Trying to stay away from the commercial RE agencies.