LLC taxed as an S-corp - Posted by Stephanie

Posted by Stephanie on February 27, 2006 at 11:24:47:

One reason it would be cheaper for me is that I already have your LLC course and can do it myself. But I have heard from others that for flipping the S-corp is better because I will avoid some of the ss tax. But that the llc provides better asset protection than the s-corp(charging order if an llc is sued). And also I was told if I was sued personally someone could take my shares of a corporation that I own but not an llc. Is this accurate info at all? And are there any disadvantages of setting up an llc taxed as a s-corp as opposed to just setting up an s-corp.

LLC taxed as an S-corp - Posted by Stephanie

Posted by Stephanie on February 24, 2006 at 10:58:50:

Anyone using a llc to flip properties and having it taxed as an S-corp? Seems like it has all the benefits of of an llc (cheap and easy) with the tax benefits of an S-corp. Anyone know anything about this?

Re: LLC taxed as an S-corp - Posted by William Bronchick

Posted by William Bronchick on February 27, 2006 at 09:15:03:

Yes, it can be done that way, but it’s not necessarily cheaper or easier. The filing cost of an LLC is the same in most states as a corporation. In some states (e.g., CA, TX), LLCs are actually more expensive because of the franchise tax structure.