LLC for an Aussie? - Posted by AussieDale (WA)

Posted by John on July 12, 2001 at 16:33:54:

You are right in your following statement. I am Canadian and my partner and I have a Nevada C corp. For such porposes we have a 3rd party shareholder who is American and in that way I can own a LLC. That is the Nevada C corp. is the beneficiary of the LLC. If the Nevada corp was not majority controlled by Americans I could not(though the Nevada Corp or any other means)own/control a LLC.

LLC for an Aussie? - Posted by AussieDale (WA)

Posted by AussieDale (WA) on July 09, 2001 at 23:10:15:

Hi All,

I am ‘Newby’. Gotta say I love that term…sort of goes with making ‘boobies’ really. For those that are offended, please don’t be, in Australia we sometimes call making a mistake, making a booby. Hence, my thinking that …Newbys make Boobies :slight_smile:

Actually, I have been following the posts at Creonline for about 6 months trying to learn what I can and I think this site has got to be one of the most informative REI media I have come accross. The quality of the content is outstanding and the willingness of participants to share experiences is very greatly appreciated by us ‘average Joes’. Thank -you.

I’m almost at the stage where I’d like to get an LLC or Corporation up and running to facilitate my REI adventures. However, I had recently heard that a Non-US Citizen (or perhaps a non-green card holder - I am niether, I am assigned here on Govt business) could not establish an LLC or S Corp but was limited to a C Corp.

Can anyone shed any light on the truth of this matter for me? Any other suggestions/thoughts/comments are most welcome.

Regards and Thanks,

Dale.