listing question - Posted by Lisa

Posted by Jack March on September 22, 2009 at 16:08:07:

Just let it expire in October and move on to a new broker.

listing question - Posted by Lisa

Posted by Lisa on September 09, 2009 at 18:09:52:

Hi,
Our home is listed with an agent and expires at the end of October. We are not happy with our agent and told her we wanted to cancel the listing. She said if we want a “signed release of listing” we need to pay the advertising costs that have been paid out. Is this normal procedure? Can she hold our home ransome like this?

Re: listing question - Posted by Natalie-VA

Posted by Natalie-VA on September 15, 2009 at 14:31:09:

I rarely disagree with BTI, but I will say that I think it’s only fair to reimburse the agent for their advertising expenses.

Another alternative would be to have the Broker assign the listing to a different agent in the office without terminating the listing agreement.

–Natalie

Re: listing question - Posted by BTI

Posted by BTI on September 12, 2009 at 11:07:21:

Lisa

My question would be why are you unhappy. I assume because it hasn’t sold. Two things sell a house. price and marketing.

Make sure your not the problem with your pricing. Then call that agent for a meeting and demand to know what she has done so far and what she will do in the future.

As for ads the broker probably has benefited from leads from the ad and if any deals resulted are they going to give you a share if you pay for the ad?

One last thing put a sign next to their sign saying do not do business with these people ever!!! Have it in place when she shows up for the meeting.