Let's put first things first....Find a deal! - Posted by Tyrone

Posted by Chris on October 16, 2005 at 08:46:04:

I’d be interested in getting some info on your property.
Thanks!
Chirs-PA

Let’s put first things first…Find a deal! - Posted by Tyrone

Posted by Tyrone on October 14, 2005 at 17:11:23:

Greetings,

I’ve read various post about techinques(which have been really good),however can some tell me how to find commerical properties that have some sort of problem associated with it? In residential we farm areas, send post cards/letter to out-of-state owners, purchase foreclosure list etc…

Is there other way to proactively find distressed commerical properties besides loopnet.com and going through agents. Thanks

Re: Let’s put first things first…Find a deal! - Posted by Patrick S. Lawson

Posted by Patrick S. Lawson on October 15, 2005 at 14:18:51:

Why would you want a commercial property with “some sort of problem?”

You need to find commercial ‘owners’ with some sort of problem, not commercial properties.

I would suggest making friends with some real estate,BK and probate lawyers…

Re: Let’s put first things first…Find a deal! - Posted by Andy

Posted by Andy on October 15, 2005 at 09:41:35:

I look forward to hearing answers on this also. I will be actively looking for my first commercial building in the next couple months. Other than the ways Tyrone mentioned, my only other strategy is to market to landlords evicting someone and hopefully they will be burnt out and want to sell.

Re: Let’s put first things first…Find a deal! - Posted by Shelley Fisher

Posted by Shelley Fisher on October 15, 2005 at 19:35:19:

I am responding to the person who is looking for their first property. I own a 16,000 sq ft building in Lehigh Valley Pa. Perhaps you would be interested knowing more about this property and the possibilities.