Lesson learned - Posted by LeonNC

Posted by dewCO on June 22, 2001 at 18:13:15:

Or were you just plain toooo greedy. What was it really worth? You could have left them a little bit.

Lesson learned - Posted by LeonNC

Posted by LeonNC on June 22, 2001 at 13:22:40:

A lady called yesterday with a house she wanted to “get rid of.” Her aunt who is in a nursing home owns the house but this lady has power of attorney.

She said she just wanted to get rid of the house. I repeated “you just want to get rid of the house.” I asked her if there was a mortgage on the house. She said no but there was a couple hundred in back taxes owed. I met her at the house about two hours later!

It was a two bedroom in an ok part of town. The floor was falling into the basement. You can imagine how the rest of it looked. I offered her $10.00 for the house plus I would pay the back taxes and closing costs.

I handed her the contract and she seemed ok with it. Then all of a sudden the lady with her said “girl, did that man just say ten dollars?” LOL

It went down hill from there. I’ll probably follow up with her next week. I’m not sure how I could have done better but I’m thinking I should have let her give me a number first. And, I should have found out who was the decision maker there. It obviously wasn’t the lady who called me AND had power of attorney.

Leon