Learning the new market - Posted by Mel Finehout

Posted by Mel Finehout on February 19, 2011 at 08:05:02:

Hello all and thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

I would love any suggestions on how to quicky get aquainted with the new market.

I will spare the long expanations but I once was in creative realestate in the late 90s and early 2000s. I did a few deals. A couple wholesales, a sub-to and a sandwich lease-option.

A marriage, divorce, two kids, and a decade later I have decided that REI was the only thing that I have actually enjoyed AND made me money. So, I know what I want to be when I grow up! ('bout time @ 37!)

Upon attemting to get started I realized that I don’t need just a refresher, I need a basic primer. SO MUCH HAS CHANGED.

Of course the local REI club, this site-which saw me through so much last time and taking successful investors to lunch. But what I’m looking for is education, especially books.

I am finding even a couple of newer courses I bought are obviously out of date. So I am looking for basic, or not-so-basic books that have been written recently. Courses too. I don’t have a fortune to pour down well-marketed information but I know the value of education in this field.

Thanks to all who respond!

Mel Finehout