Laws and rules - Posted by Wendy

Posted by Chuck (AZ) on July 01, 2001 at 19:01:40:

What you want is a copy of the “Mobile Home Park Residential Landlord and Tenant Act” for your state, and a copy of your park’s rules and regulations to compare it to.

Having it probably won’t resolve your concern, unless the community is a member of your state’s Mobile Home Park Association… in which case they’re already playing by the rules, they have to by law.

If the park is not a member, they can pretty much do what they want, city/county ordinances permitting.

In any event… lot rents are controlled by market values, and are based the average income for that area, and guided by apartment rental rates as comps. Unless your city/county has imposed some form of “rent control”, you probably have little recourse but to move to a more favorable location.

I know that’s not what you wanted to hear… but those are the facts.

Laws and rules - Posted by Wendy

Posted by Wendy on July 01, 2001 at 17:24:12:

I would like to know where I can receive a book on the laws and the rules that a mobil home park can and can not get away with. I am intrested to see if the park that I am living in is doing the things that htat are supose to be doing. I mean to be honest 508.00 a month for lot rent is alot how are we suspose to sell if we want out? please let me know where I can get the laws and rules thank you very much

Re: Laws and rules - Posted by Chuck-NY

Posted by Chuck-NY on July 01, 2001 at 22:25:59:

For your own piece of mind, contact your
state attorney general’s office for info.